WnSoft Forums

Slideshow Competition

imfinewine

Hi guys,

I'm going to do a slideshow competition at the creatingslideshows.com site and would like your thoughts about doing it.

I'm plan to offer just one set of images that all contestants would use. Thinking it will be very interesting to see the difference in techniques people use to create their shows.

How many images do you think would be good amt to use for a competition?

I was thinking of an underwater theme since most of the shows we see are land based.

Look forward to your comments,

desert dave

B)

Hi

This is an interesting idea. In view of bandwidth issues, I would suggest limiting it to a dozen or 15 slides only. Would you specify the music or leave this to the author. I suggest leaving it to the author otherwise creativity might be restricted.

I'd let evryone use there own music, restricting that would stiffle it too much.

I was thinking 30+/- images. But I guess 15-20 would be more than enough to let people get enough effects in it. And it's slated to start 12/1 so I don't want to lose people busy with the holiday season to spend a lot of time on it.

Maybe we ought to do a Christmas theme and then allow people to download the winning exe files. That way everyone could add some of their own xmas images to the show after the holidays and have a real cool show for themselves. (Already assuming we'll get a P2E winner and you guy's won't have to go out and buy another program like pro show). But I guess you could pop the images and music out and use them in any show.

Starting to sound like a better game plan the more I think about it.

-dave

Good idea !

We have organized this summer a similar exercice, called a fun-game rather than a competition, on our French forum. 22 images were put at members' disposal, a minimum of 14 were to be used; music, text, image manipulation, etc., were free; but the only constraint was that the resulting .exe file had to be less than 7 MB. More details are on this thread. We have received 21 shows, all very different and very creative ! Incredibly creative when one considers the images provided...

Although it wasn't at all a competition, I can say without doubt that the 'winner' is Peter S. Coles (who is also a member of WnSoft Forum). All shows can be downloaded from this forum.

We now plan to launch a "Spring Fun-game" with a 'compulsory' music or sound-track being provided and the pictures being the authors' choice... but this is another story yet to come ! :)

Gérard,

Thank you for sharing that info. Peter definetly knows how to think outside the box! I watched two other shows and the were pertty much run of the mill and what I expected to see, but your right, Peter's got it hands down.

I've sold myself on doing it in a Snowy Winter/Christmas theme. So I'd like to ask all the member's here to check there files and if you have any super duper images for the competiton please upload them on our site.

It's at

Gallery

Looks like it should be some real fun.

Thanks again,

dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

imfinewine

I'm the fine Peter vintage to which reference is made. I'd be glad to join in any imfinewine competition you devise. Someone tells me that one of my efforts is on your site. I tried looking for it but gave up after about three attempts. If you do want contributions to your site - please just ask.

My e-mail is peter@3-c.coop

Welcome to the Forum, Peter. Can we hope to read many "words of wisdom" based on your wide knowledge and experience of AV techniques?

You can read lots of Peter's wonderful words of wisdom in his magazine AV World :D Contaxman - see AV World for some details.

Happy Christmas everyone and lots of fun creating new sequences in a Prosperous & Healthy New Year!

Best wishes

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year All!

A cordial invitation to our Winter themed Slideshow competition.

Over $600.00 in Prizes

The competition will start Jan 9th and we invite you all to participate. It’s free and will be a good time for all with prizes for the top entries.

So if you’d like get in on the fun please stop by for more details at:

www.creatingslideshows.com/forum

Cheers,

Desert Dave B)

dave@creatingslideshows.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded the images. I'd like to encourage as many as possible to take part. I learned a lot though making a Sequence for the jeu-fun game from Gerard Desroches in Luxembourg. I have already started making one for the www.creatingslideshows.com site

There is not much time so download now and start putting your Sequence together. I am looking forward to seeing lots of Sequences made from these images.

Hi,

You'll find my show for the game here.

You can read the lyrics and the translation in english in the help window (Left button)

For those who had a red screen (those who are not in 32bits for colors parameters), a new version replace the old one at the same adress.

The competition will start Jan 9th and we invite you all to participate. It’s free and will be a good time for all with prizes for the top entries.

So if you’d like get in on the fun please stop by for more details at:

www.creatingslideshows.com/forum

Hmm, I couldn't register at all - it wouldn't accept the "registration code" I typed in (about 10 different ones as it changes each time). It also forces you to put in a birthday - seems to reason for force that so I object. I'd like to participate and see the site but it doesn't look good thus far...

Hmm, I couldn't register at all - it wouldn't accept the "registration code" I typed in (about 10 different ones as it changes each time). It also forces you to put in a birthday - seems to reason for force that so I object. I'd like to participate and see the site but it doesn't look good thus far...

They are real picky and must be in correct case and on some sites maybe even ours you can barely read them. I never did like those stupid "registration code" thingies anyway and have deleted it from our registration. Please try again and I look forward to seeing you there. If you have any other problems please email me at dave@creatingslideshows.com.

B)

desert dave

I've made an entry now for this competition.

I will not be puting it on any other site than www.creatingslideshows.com

Any who want to see it will have to wait until the entries are all in !

It is good fun playing these competition games, provided we don't take them toooooo seriously!

I learned a lot taking part in the jeu-fun game set up by Gérard Desroches and I hope to learn even more through taking part and viewing other entries for this event.

Downloading is easy so why not have a go?!

I've made an entry now for this competition.

I will not be puting it on any other site than www.creatingslideshows.com

Any who want to see it will have to wait until the entries are all in !

It is good fun playing these competition games, provided we don't take them toooooo seriously!

I learned a lot taking part in the jeu-fun game set up by Gérard Desroches and I hope to learn even more through taking part and viewing other entries for this event.

Downloading is easy so why not have a go?! It's free!

PS Don't forget our Three-in-one International event April 9th in Cardiff, Wales; April 16th in Aldbourne, Wiltshire and Dublin, Republic of Ireland.

Details etc on our web site www.avworld.org

or in our Magazine AV WORLD No 32 pages 46-49

This Competition is not free!

But it is good value at £10 per entry for all three events (one entry only per entrant).

AV WORLD is even better value - do visit our site & join us, if you feel we can help - or if you can help us!

Sorry I haven't had time to enter this competition :(

as I've been burning the midnight oil and beyond to get the info up on line about our new WWW-DAVE supercircuit.

See my other posting for details of the new site for WWW-DAVE.

Open to all, pay once, entrants can only enter one sequence but be judged by three panels of juries. :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing all the work at www.creatingslideshows.com :D

and taking a more active part in the next one. :D

Best wishes

Maureen