WnSoft Forums

Nero 6

Tony Falla

I am currently investigating which software to use for creating DVD's of my PTE Projects. I already have Pinnacle Studio and Nero 6, and a trial copy of Ulead Movie Factory.

Recently I have been trying out Nero 6 and have hit a problem with synchronisation. I have loaded a few PTE projects and created a menu but when I get to the preview screen and play a project I hit problems:-

1. The pictures appear as static pictures one appearing about every 5 / 6 seconds, the pictures do not fade into one another at all. It appears as though it just displays what is currently at that position as sometimes I get a half faded picture of 2 slides.

2. The music and pictures have lost synchronisation, the music finishing about 60 - 70 % of the way through the slides.

I most likely have missed something but cannot find anything that I can do to correct this.

Has anybody else hit this problem and if so how did they solve it?

Tony

I use Nero 6 to burn DVDs and, although it takes ages to encode - the results are excellent.

The effect you are experiencing is Nero 'sampling' the temp avi file previously created in PTE. This does give a staggered fairly random progress through the show - but when the process is finally completed and the burn finished, the resulting DVD should be OK.

Keep at it, and as Ken says use a DVD-RW disc.

Den (NE UK)

Tony,

Have you tried to burn a dvd with Pinnacle? I have used it (Studio 8) successfully to convert a PTE slideshow to dvd. Took a couple of trys first, though.

However I can't seem to get it to recognize the second slideshow although I have two instances of PTE open simultaneously. It seems to want to create a second copy of the first show. The second show shows up on the timeline, but when I "play" it, I get the first show all over again. Anyone else having this problem?

Hi Al

I'm afraid I have given up on Pinnacle, when I purchased the PC, mid-year, it came with a version of Pinnacle. I am not sure exactly what as it has lots of features but not all work and the product seems very unstable. Personnally I found that the program was forever falling over and hanging the PC so in addition to requirements for PTE I have been looking for software that would give me reliable burning of data to CD / DVD.

Tony

it took me +- 4 hrs to burn a 4.8 + gig mpeg yesterday

the specs for my computer have been mentioned many time

- the short specs -- xp home sp2 - 2.8 ghz - 1 gig swp and 1 gig ram

elsewhere in the forum there are some of my other file sizes and times to convert using various methods

I have the best luck with nero 6 platinum suite then windvd 6 suite --

if you are making dvd's it takes lots of time and computing power

ken

• 4 weeks later...
However I can't seem to get it to recognize the second slideshow although I have two instances of PTE open simultaneously.   It seems to want to create a second copy of the first show.    The second show shows up on the timeline, but when I "play" it, I get the first show all over again.    

Anyone else having this problem?

I Just tried doing two shows at once and had the same thing happen to me.

so far I have not found a work around.

Hi Tony

Read my post at http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=2758 and look at the two links I gave to excellent tutorial sites also do a search on Frameserving using VirtualDub which is a free prog for creating avi files

hope some of this helps

stonemason