WnSoft Forums

Tutorial

Marianne

Hi,

I am an active member of a Dutch photography club. Every fortnight we have a meeting. In next years program there are 3 meetings in which I have to give a tutorial on making a slideshow. Guess what software I am going to introduce? :D

But now I wonder if anyone of you already done this. It doesn't need to be in Dutch, but it should be very helpful if I had an example of the method used in teaching. I want it to be very complete. So from starting with your pictures, preparing them with a photoeditor, converting the music to mp3, creating the slideshow and finally burn a cd.

Of course I know the excellent tutorials of Al Robinson and Oleg. But these are electronical. I need it to be in the oldfashioned paperwork. :(

Hope someone can help me with this....

Marianne:

I have some jpg screen shots that might (not) help. I have used them in a short tutorial.

But I need your e-mail so I can attach them in a note to you.

The PTE forum e-mail form does not allow attachments.

Pls send an e-mail to me at jrr@magma.ca and I will send them to you.

Marianne

The following are my trigger notes for an instructional evening I gave to my club. "How" was the title for the evening and whilst I was giving my opening spiel my grandson took digital photos around the room. Preparation of the images, although instructional, was time consuming, but my grandson finished the work on these in the fifteen minute tea break. The rest of the evening went generally according to plan although I felt that a further evening was needed to give it justice. However the end result was a short AV produced from scratch.

TRIGGER NOTES FOR AV TALK

Introduction: HOW!!! Plus general explanation

1. Equipment

2. Create a folder “SCC 2004”

3. Read in images of Club members into folder

4. Open Photoshop and give a brief explanation

Carry out any adjustments – converging verticals, rebuilding etc (leave one raw for adjustment later from PTE

Crop to 4:3

Resize to 1024 pixels width.

Enlarge image, check and correct any flaws e.g. dust or hair

Unsharp mask if necessary.

Save for web SCC01 et seq

(Create a Title if necessary using a layer and save)

5 Open PTE and explain details

6. Set up Project Options

7. Introduce images and view. Whittle down to nine images. Use of open image in Photoshop.

8. Dummy run. Introduce music and explain change of fade to quick

9. Make individual adjustments using Customize Slide using Time Line & Wave

10. Preview and use of

11. Save Project so that you can always come back to it for future adjustments.

12. CREATE as an executable file.

14. Demonstrate with “RAC Cirencester” the inclusion of voice over

15. Explain the original intention of the Speight Trophy etc and demonstrate the

making of “Harbour Scenes”

16. Other refinements such as Start up Window and Buttons.

Whilst there was sufficient time to show the two sequences 14 & 15, the intentions behind 14, 15 and 16 had to be omitted.

I hope these Notes may be of some use to you.

Ron [uK]

• 2 weeks later...