WnSoft Forums

ProjectFilePath not being used as a default

goddi

Greetings,

I have made this suggestion several times in the past, starting in 2013. I am hoping that this can be included in the upcoming Ver.11.

I would like the 'ProjectFilePath...' that is already embedded in the .pte file to be used as the default for the File Name list to be displayed when you open a .pte show. So many times, when you open a .pte show from the FileManager, the File Name list displays a completely different folder or files that have nothing to do with the project. Then you have to remember where and what folder it came from to show the files that were used in that project and have to browse to find it.

The 'ProjectFilePath...' is already in the .pte file for each project. It would be useful if that is the default set for showing the File Name list or other 'file openings' such as a search for audio files. The 'golden rule' is to have all files pertaining to a show to be in the same folder. Sure, not all do that but that is a good starting point.

For instance, when I open the 'DubrvKotor-Public-FB.pte' (shown below), the File Name list shows the files in the 'PTE-2010-Providencia Trip' that has nothing to do with the project I am trying to open. This happens numerous times. I don't know why the 'ImageFolder...' somehow has some other project's folder listed that has nothing to do with the project I am trying to open.

I then have browse to the correct location of the files for the project, re-save it and then it has the proper files shown in the File Name list.

I don't know how the incorrect location of the files for the project gets into the .pte file but it would be very useful to make the 'ProjectFilePath...' and/or the 'ImageFolder...' information to be the default when it is saved and not changed until you re-save it.

Thanks... Gary

PTE-projectfilepath.thumb.jpg.bd4fb421995b7e13001e3ef910f33e4b.jpg

Greetings Denisb,

I am not sure I understand your posting. I just opened another project. In its .pte, the CreationTool shows version 10.54. When I open it, using FileManager, the File Name list shows a list of files from the Screen folder, having nothing to do with my project. This project was made in 9/2021.

Are you saying it should or should not show this problem?

I do see that if I re-save this project with the correct File List showing, the .pte corrects itself showing the correct ProjectFile Path.

But I know it had already been saved with the correct File Name list. But it seems it did not retain that info.

(Also, I see the .pte file format has changed a bit).

Gary