WnSoft Forums

PTE 4.40 CD does not work

crazygranny

I'm having a problem with PTE 4.40 that I can't seem to figure out. I've used PTE for quite some time with no problem. But, I've now run into a very strange thing...... I've created a slideshow, saved the exe file and attempted to burn it to CD. The CD acts as if its burning but the finished CD won't run on any computer! It is recognized as a blank CD. I've tried using different burners (4 different ones), I've tried using different computers and burners, and I've even tried uploadign it to my ftp site and having a friend download it and burn it on her system. Same problem every time. So...... whats been ruled out....... a computer specific problem, a CD burner/ reader specific problem. For whatever reason.... I can create a slideshow that runs beautifully from my computer or from anyone elses if they download it from my ftp site but I cannot make that same slideshow show up on a CD. Anyone......... please help me figure this out!!! The program is going to end up useless to me if I can't burn the final CD!

Thanks in advance!

Crazygranny - sounds like you've come up with a doozy! :D

Something seems fishy. Would you be willing to get me a copy of the .exe file of your show? If so, probably the easiest way is for you to upload it to Dropload.com with my address LumenLux@do-some-good.com

I think Igor might also be interested in seeing it?

The music files are mp3

I've used them many times before with no problems at all. I'm completely stumped. I'm trying to upload the file to dropload but so far its just sitting there at 0%. Anyone have an ftp program? I have the slideshow uploaded to my ftp site so you could get it there:

guest@insideoutphoto.com

user name: guest@insideoutphoto.com

password: guest05

It is the only file there........ diana.exe

My website is currently being redesigned but my ftp site is up and running so would this work for someone to take a look at the show?

Should I also upload the project file so you can look at that?

Thanks! Any help will really be appreciated!

crazygranny

what shows on the "burned " disk

does it show the proper size, date etc

are you making a "file disk"

or are you doing a drag and drop and disk is still open

have you done a reboot and looked at disk again

these sound like simple obvious questions but some little thing in the process is not right

and last

did you try making the show with the last final edition

did you try another show

ken

Yes, I did reboot. When I try to open the slideshow from the CD, every CD drive acts as if the CD is blank. After the burn process, the CD was verified and seemed fine. This is nuts. So........ you downloaded my exe file from the ftp site and couldn't get it to run? I'll upload it again just in case the upload did not go through correctly. As I said, the exe file itself will run just fine on all of my systems, and also my friend that downloaded it. The whole problem is with the CD..... strangest thing I've ever seen.

crazygranny,

I'm sorry about this problem! We'll solve it ASAP.

Please keep this uploaded EXE file on your ftp, I'll download it and explore for exact reason of the problem.

Please make two another tests:

1) Rebuild .EXE file again in v4.40 beta and let me know about result.

2) Open this project file in previous verson 4.31 and build there .EXE file.

If mistake still exists after rebuilding in v4.40, please send me your .pte project file (I just sent you email) and let me know about average JPEG file size and picture resolution (e.g. 1024x768, 200 KB), file size of music file (4 MB) and exact time duration of each music file.

I too downloaded (129 MB!) your show, but exactly like Kurt. S I cannot open, and have the same error "Exception EListError in module Diana.exe at 00073A1C". I also scanned the file with a good antivirus, but no problem was found.