WnSoft Forums

sound tracks problem

JRR

I have done presentations in the past with carefully prepared sound tracks that have a background musical piece mixed with voice overs/sound effects for specific slides.

The shows were done with the pre-mixed sound track and PROJECT OPTIONS> MUSIC and PROJECT OPTIONS>CUSTOM SYNCHRONIZATION.

This time around I decided to do a show with background music only as above and add the snippets of voice-over/sound effects “assigned” to particular slides.

I tried “assigning” them two ways:

1. CUSTOMIZE SLIDE>MUSIC

2. Adding the music track to a particular slide on the main screen.

Neither seemed to work as I could not get the background music and the shorter pieces to play together.

Either I can’t do what I want in a synchronized show, or I am missing something very basic.

I am trying to avoid the time it takes to get the voice over in just the right spot in the mixed track but still have a synched show.

Any help would be appreciated. (keep it polite if I missed something basic please)

;):D

Jim,

I'm having a similar problem, may or may not be related.

Background music in synch mode does not align with timeline. Please check your background music against 'waveform' in timeline, this is where I noticed discrepancy.

I resolved this by loading music file from hard drive (Real Jiukebox) into "Audacity" and exporting back as MP3 with no editing. This file works O.K.

Perhaps one of our audio experts can comment on this.

Terry,

Montreal.

I don't think PTE currently allows both the background soundtrack and sound attached to various slides to be played simultaneously (can anybody confirm this?) but it would be a great future enhancement of PTE, as long it doesn't upset the synching to the background soundtrack.

What also would be great if BOTH waveforms (Background and added to slide) could show in the customizable sync window (admittedly would only show once transition point added).

Solved it !!

Alrobin reminded me that you have to use the "SOUND" line on the main screen to add the extra sounds with a synched show. I had tried that too with no success, but then I discovered the problem(s).

1. I had forgotten that I had added the extra sounds on a few slides (further up the timeline) via the MUSIC TAB on CUSTOMIZE SLIDE so they were stopping the synched process from working with the extra sounds I had added correctly via the SOUND line.

2. When using the TIMELINE to fine tune the synching of the show, the sounds added via the SOUND line are not heard. Thus I was convinced that even though I had done it "correctly" it still was not working. But as soon as I used the PREVIEW, all the sound bites played.

I'll post #2 as a wish list change for future versions as I checked and the problem was there in version 4.3

Igor's change with 4.5 allowing sounds added via the SOUND line to continue when the next slide comes up is a godsend !!!

:D:D

Out of interest sake ~ the 'slide projector' sounds on "The Grand Tour" were added to the show via the black 'transition' slides ~ the general backing track carries the intro music and the narration. In this instance everything seems to have 'worked' OK ~ as in: both the individual slide sounds AND the main backing track both running well together.

bjc

AAAAHHHHHHH!!

In all the years I have been using PTE I have never noticed that SOUND line on the main screen!

The above posts make a lot more sense to me now, I think a lot of users may have been caught out with that one. :unsure: