WnSoft Forums

Access violation

GLS48

It been awhile since I checked in but I ran into a problem on my last show-latest version of PTE. I get the error below when I lock the music to the time line. I tried different clips and ran the show on two computers – same response. The show runs fine only it pops up the error window about 2 slides into the show. I do have to use the three finger salute to exit or wait for the show to finish to get back control. I need to get it running properly as it is to be used in Singapore on Tuesday and no I have not searched past posts!

Access violation at address 00471057 in module ‘Singapore_rock.exe’. Read of address 00000044.

George

It simply means that you (the computer) have tried to access a segment of memeory that another program is running. Shut everything down, that you have running (close your start up aplications also)

Try running your program from the system after it has booted up. Also, like every other question

What version of windows?

What speed?

How much memory, etc?

I did 2 versions of the show and tried them on 3 separate computers. Both shows have 1 mp3 I put together in Sound Forge. All computers give the same error code as above. If I do not sync audio to timeline, all is well.

George

Thank you for sending me test slide-show!

I also see that error message.

It's a very funny error, because in sync'ed slide-show withOUT "Permit

control of show" option Navigation bar will not shown at all. But "Auto hide"

feature tried to show/hide absent Navigation bar :)

So if you set "Permit control of show" option or with usual not sync'ed show, Auto hide feature will work fine.

However it's a bug, and I've fixed this moment in beta #6.