WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #6

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #6 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,5 MB)

Please test this beta widely because it's almost ready code of v4.40

We will only add updated languages files and will fix possible bugs.

What's new beta #6:

+ Improvements on the timeline:

> Improved show of transition effects in the preview window.

+ Updated German, Dutch, Netherlands, Ukrainian language files.

+ Fixed bug with "Auto hide Navigation bar" option in synchronized slide show without "Permit control of show" option (Very rare combination).

+ Minor improvements.

Igor,

Sorry to be such a pest, but in the confusion over the new way to operate the timeline and slide list, we seem to have lost one of the options available under the "old" method. (someone please correct me if I'm missing something).

Before, if we opened the timeline, selected a transition point, and clicked "delete", that transition would disappear and everything to the right of it would shift over one slide to the right. Then, if we changed our mind, set the cursor where the old slide used to be on the timeline, and clicked "New transition", the transition point would reappear at the point of the cursor, and all the slides to the right would shift over one position to the left, leaving everything as it was originally.

Now, however, if we click on a transition and select "delete point", that transition point disappears, and everything moves over one slide to the right as desired. However, if we change our mind, set the cursor where the old transition point used to be and click "New transition", the last slide in the slide list suddenly leaves its position at the end of the slide list and positions itself where the cursor is. This is definitely not what we want to happen in this scenario as all the timing gets fouled up, particularly if the transition time for the last slide is long, and now overlaps with several other transitions after it.

Perhaps we need yet another button to provide the operation which we used to have in this scenario under the old version of PTE. Or else, have "New transition" operate the way it used to by simply adding a transition and moving everything back one slide on the timeline.

Re Alrobin's point, I bumped into this the other day when working with a new show and not fully appreciating the nuanaces of the new TIMELINE.

I had moved so many points to the left, that the points off to the right were hard to get to and drag back across the TIMELINE so I just deleted some points off the end of the TIMELINE (I had not yet picked up on the ability to move transition points in groups in ver 4.4 beta 5) and went back to ADD TRANSITION POINTS in the area that I was working.

BUT up came my slides for the transition points I had just deleted. i.e. the end slides were now appearing in the middle of the show !

I was expecting the old 4.3 version of the slides just slipping into place.

I really like all the new features of the TIMELINE, but I would really appreciate having the old feature back as Alrobin describes.

I want my cake AND cookies too ;);)

Hello to all,

About Customize Synchronisation, timeline:

There is a button for "Delete Point" and one for "Delete Slide", in my oppinion the result of those two buttons is the same: delete the picture from the line.

Or have I missed something? :unsure:

Greetings

Cor

Dear Igor,

Working on the new translation of the Dutch "nederlands.ini" file, Purist, Marianne and myself noticed some slips. Maybe it is possible to correct these:

In the menu "File", when you choose:

Create Slideshow

Create Slideshow As...

Create Slideshow and Run...

Create Screen Saver...

The title of the opened window is always: "Create EXE file from current project with a new name". It is not possible to correct the title, the program always read the same hint text.

Some English words always show up also when you change to an other language:

Project Options - Advanced - Mouse buttons (selection): None, Exit, Next slide, Prev.slide, Help, Go to first, Pause.

Project Options - Advanced - Customize Navigation Bar... - Available buttons: Help, Exit.

Project Options - Advanced - Customize Navigation Bar... - Selected buttons: First slide, Next slide, Previous slide, Pause, Print.

Project Options - Advanced - Customize Navigation Bar... - Position (selection): Left, Top, Right, Bottom, Center, Left-Top, Right-Top, Right-Bottom, Left-Bottom.

Project Options - Comments - Position (selection): Left, Top, Right, Bottom, Center, Left-Top, Right-Top, Right-Bottom, Left-Bottom.

Although these English words are translated in the ini file (see [Reserved]) they are not used by the program.

English text not in the ini.file and can not be translated:

Project Options - Music - About Music Player... - Information - Since PicturesToExe v4.10 we have added new music player...

The word "Cancel" stays on the button in every language: In the menu "File" - Templates - Create Template from this show...

When you click with the mouse in the "Image List" there is a menu named "Explorer". The word "Explorer" can not be translated eather.

In the menu "View" - Language: "Netherlands", must be changed to "Nederlands".

The button "Video" - Making of AVI video file: "For Adobe Encore DVD" this line is not in the ini file.

Greetings,

Cor

Cor:

They are not quite the same, (and I believe are not meant to be the same), but can produce the same result if you change your mind.

DELETE THE SLIDE actually deletes the slide from the list being used (OK, I can live with that)

DELETE THE POINT deletes the transition point for that slide, but leaves the slide on the list for later use, OK,

but.....

re-inserting it does as Alrobin says, brings the last slide in your list (even if already on the timeline) into where you are currently working which is a problem.

Alrobin, JRR, CorVdk

I agree with your findings.

The "New Transition" button is really a "New Transition and Slide" button when used in an edit, only you don't get to choose the slide it just takes the last from the list, which I think is wrong.

The work around is:-

*After you have deleted your point, use the "Insert Slide.." button and insert any slide

*Then go to the slide list and delete the inserted slide, the transitions and slides will then match up as before.

It comes back to the slides and transitions being able to be fully independant of each other if desired.

In playing around with this problem I have noticed another possible bug and that is PTE will not let you add more transitions than there are slides (I'm not sure if you could in the past). This isn't a huge problem as you just make sure you have enough slides in your slide list to cover all your transitions however, it would be "nice" to be able to set you soundtrack playing close your eyes and add blank transition points so you can then go in and add slides later on to your slide list. Almost like you can concentrate on the music to create your transition points then drop the visuals in later.

I have just finished 4 shows that cover a recent trip to South Africa, and the shows were very easy to do using the timetime, once I have some music to add. One of the problems i encountered is the Play button always starts from the beginning which was annoying as I was realy trying to preview and watch the timeline for my end slides which fade in with credits and information. I do the same at the beginning but that is OK with the system as is. I know I can use the preview button and it will play from the selected slide, but i cannot the the timeline.

SteveP

Steve

Press the Play button then click on the Timeline where you wish to come in.

Andrew

I like your idea at the end of your last paragraph above.

Ron [uK]

In playing around with this problem I have noticed another possible bug and that is PTE will not let you add more transitions than there are slides (I'm not sure if you could in the past).

Andrew,

You could always add more slides than transitions in the older versions but not more transitions than slides. As soon as all the slides had been added to the timeline, the "New transition" button had no more effect. I'm not sure what would have happened if a slide were then removed once the timeline was populated.

The workaround will do for now, but I really think Igor should bring back the complete original modus operandi, at least as an option.

Also, regarding the "new" slide/transition features, since both a new slide and transition can be added from the timeline window by clicking "Insert slide", I don't understand why the converse couldn't also be possible (i.e. adding both a transition and new slide whenever a new slide is dropped into the slide list, and having that new transition appear between those for the slides on either side.

The present system is most confusing and I fear that it will discourage people from using PTE for synching their shows. I thought I had everything clear in my mind, but when I tried to describe the new options last night at our AVSIG meeting, I had trouble remembering each scenario and how to deal with it, and I'm afraid that I left the audience totally confused. This is my fault, not Igor's, but I still believe that the system should be made much more intuitive and user-friendly.

Thank you, Al!

It's a really bug with "New transition" button! It shouldn't change order of slides as it does in current beta versions.

I just fixed this bug. Beta #7 will be published very soon.

It was so simple bug and how I've missed it earlier?

SteveP

Re TIMELINE and checking partway through.

Yes Ronwill's solution works.

Another solution is to click on PLAY (note it changes to PAUSE) Click on PAUSE and cursor does not revert back to start of show. To start from there just click on PAUSE again or you can move move the cursor to whereever you want when PAUSED (or when it is running as Ron says)

Ronwill, JJR

Thanks, discovered the first by accident after the post. Works well with small shows but it is not easy with my 55 Slide show and I am just testing the last 4 slide, or a small part in the middle where I want a slide to appear then quicky fade out ( 3 identical slides, the middle one has text that i want to only just appear then striaght away fade out). Getting them to look correct involved a lot of previews.

Steve

Steve:

Another way to preview is to highlight the slide, where you want to start the preview, in the thumbnails at the bottom of the main page, then click on the "slice of bread" to the bottom right of the larger image of the slide above.

Preview will start up at that point.

PS: Who thought up the term "slice of bread anyway" ??? :D:D

Who thought up the term "slice of bread anyway"

Maybe when they gave out the "five loaves and three fishes" ....

and there were lots to go around.

We pay for one version of PTE and get all the upgrades we need.

Thanks Igor ! :D