WnSoft Forums

DVD - old problem returns again

LumenLux

When Igor first made DVD option, users of Ulead DCD Movie Factory 2, soon knew all too well this message: Failed to convert video file. Error: 80041c21 It was soon learned that the message is very generic and covers a large range of causes. Igor, dedicated as he is, exchanged multiple test versions of the program and test sequences with me. We never did really pin down the cause in some of my attempted PTE to DVD shows. We spent hours over weeks trying to isolate factors that might be the cause. I don't use DVD feature all the time, so have not fussed about the on-some-shows-only problem.

Now, with 4.40 Beta 5, I ran into the problem. Back and forth between other versions, it seems to occur equally. I can not systematically go through the extensive trials I made before. I have tried a few simple changes such as one mp3 vs another. Short music vs. long, sync vs non sync. Large number of slides vs. small number, etc. So far the only "common ground" I may have found is the size the .jpg files may be a factor. If I make a show of only 12 or so slides that are 2000 -3000 kb, the above error is produced. This does not seem logical that this should be a problem when converting for DVD. Has anyone possibly observed similar? (In case it matters, I have saved some "trial" time by using Ulead to convert to an .iso image (learned from Igor) instead of trying to actually burn the DVD.) I also have tried Roxio (6?) DVD builder on the same PTE problem show. DVD builder will also fail on the same PTE show.

• 3 weeks later...

1) Please couldn't you send me one .pte project file where the bug appears? I just sent you email request.

2) And let me know when occurs (e.g. 60% of converting in Ulead DMF 2.0)

3) What exact version of Ulead DVD MovieFactory you use?

4) Duration of music file

5) Synchronized or not synchronized slide show?

6) What version of Windows? Have you SP2 installed?

7) What CPU you have - Athlon 64 or Pentium 4?

Please try this test version:

http://www.wnsoft.com/beta/pte441video1.zip

1) Reproduce this bug with video as usually to make sure that we have the problem.

2) Then close PTE, start it again. In "Video" window set checked "Debug" option and try again. (You'll see a green field instead of video.) And please let me know will the bug appear with this option.

Thank you!

You've gave me an idea when you said that this problem depends on file size of JPEG images.

I've reproduced this bug on Celeron 700 Mhz with 5000x3000 images (3 MB), but it worked fine on Athlon 1600 XP.

Then I've specially added 3 sec. delay between sending of an every video frame to Ulead DMF and the problem occurs now on any PC in any project with all versions of Ulead DMF.

We'll explore to solve this strange problem.

Maybe it's our mistake.

As temporary solution, please use 1024x768 or 1280x960 images.