WnSoft Forums

Day After Day

ralvis

There was nothing about this show that I did'nt like.

The music fit the show beautifully.

The images were captivating.

This must have been a lot of work.!!!

Thankyou Michel and Michel for sharing this show with us.

Ralvis

I have to agree. Day after Day is an amazing production!

The two Michels show us how photographic and editing skill, as well as great understanding of the potential of PTE can all be combined into a jaw-dropping visual and auditory experience.

The sound trackwas expertly done with the transition between the two selections flawless.

Isabel

:o

Both Michels have achieved an excellent piece of work with Day After Day. The concept, imagery, use of sound, quality of photography and very imaginative use of PtoE were all exemplary! To have achieved this sort of result by collaboration via email is awe inspiring.

We look forward to seeing many more such slide shows from these top class producers.

Severn Bore

Hi Ralvis,Dadou,Steve,Isabel,Andrew,Contaxman and Lumenlux,

Feeling very honored, and I am sure that my friend Michel also feels like that, by all your positive and enthousiastic remarks about our show.

There is even no criticism; we really did not expect that !

But actually we are very pleased that the storyline was for you not a problem to understand, which was at first a concern for us; tackling this with a poetic introduction and thus giving you a sense of what the story could be.

And just imagine that there are more pictures not in the show than we actually did use. Well maybe we will find a use for them sometimes in another show at another time and another subject...who knows.

ps. the number "2" is: 2gether, hand in hand, love....or what ever you feel like it.

ps. this show will also be in some slide-show contests, if you like I can keep you informed about that.

thanks again :D:D

Michel

I, for one, would like to know how you get on in the competitions.

Roger,

There's also a very popular international AV competition called the "SuperCircuit" - you can read all about how, where, and when to enter HERE. Choose the language of your choice, and then click ahead to the "rules" section.

We are hosting a leg of the SuperCircuit here in Ottawa in November (10th to 13th) - this would be a good time for you to bring me my beer! :D

This will be the only time for people on this side of the pond to see some of these award-winning shows we hear about but cannot see unless someone posts one on a web site. We will have a web site of our own up soon where you will be able to read all about it.

Thanks for the information, Al. I don't think I made myself clear - I just wanted to know how this production does.

Sorry, Roger

I misread your post as "in on" instead of "on in". Guess I was too eager to put in a plug for our AV festival. :)

I hope we see "Day after Day" here in Ottawa in November!

You can see it on the "big screen live" in competition :D

in Cardiff on April 9th,

Dublin and Aldbourne on April 16th

....and we also have an audience vote. :D:D:D

So not only can you see all the sequences the judges are assessing it against, but you can come along and give it a well deserved vote!

More info here

Hope to see you there. I know we'll have friends over from Switzerland and Holland .......anyone coming over from France ?

I'll put all the results straight up on the AV World web site as soon as I receive them

BW Maureen

Hi Severn Bore,

I tried downloading a number of times and there was no difference BUT I have now solved it. Because of the way some of these files are Zipped I sometimes get offered the opportunity to "Extract" into a seperate folder or to "Run". I usually accept this offer to extract (as opposed to "Running"). At the extract stage this one asked for a password. However, when I clicked on "Run" all was well. You live, you learn!

DaveG.

• 4 weeks later...
I, for one, would like to know how you get on in the competitions.

Hi Contaxman..... :rolleyes:

You wanted to know how this show got on in the competitions.

In my country, in the National slide-show festival (in Barneveld), Day after Day has got the 1st prize of the jury and also 1st prize of the public.

2nd was The secret of Fontenay from (W.vd.Berg&P.Coles).

bye bye

Michel Verhoef

I find this Sequence the most interesting I have seen on Beechwood so far. Congratulations!

I hope we see it in many more International Festivals. (This comes from the joint author (the UK bit) of the Sequence which came second to you in the Dutch Nationals with "The Secret of Fontenay"!

I just wish it was in a format 1024 x 768 so that the quality of image on projection would shine through even more.

I look forward to seeing it projected shortly, so please send it to International events.

What a pity it is too late for the Geoffrey Round AV Competiton in Aldbourne.

Please send it to the event in Paris - if you don't know what that is, visit our www.avworld.org site and from there on to the Events pages.

When the festival was finished...the man who organised it said to me...that it was a pitty that the show was only in 1024x768 pix.......he did advise me to resize it to a higher resolution of 1400x????pix...it than would be better for the big screens in the theatre......he did advise me to use the Fred Miranda resize filter.....does anyone can tell me the pro's and con's of this approach ?

I was thinking that for the computerscreen the 1024x768 size would be the most common and suitable for most of the systems....but....maybe...????

Michel Verhoef