WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #7

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.40 beta #7 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,5 MB)

What's new beta #7:

* Fixed bug with incorrect work of "New transition" button

in the timeline window in previous beta versions of v4.40.

+ Updated languages files.

p.s. please let me know about work of "New transition" button. How it works now.

Some maybe silly questions,

What does the update button do.

Why can i change the time next to the update button.

What is the shift all slides to the right for.

But mainly a comment on the function of the Beta

I wanted to shift all but the first two slides to the right by 3 seconds, so I thought i would select slides 4 to 47 by selecting slide 4 then ctrl + shift + end this initailly did what i thought although the cursor still jumped to the end. Although it turned out not to be the end slide but the end of the music. I have two slides that are after the music as a lead out nad they were not selected. Is this expected behaviouror a Bug.

Sorry just tested properly and it is not slected until the music it is that the last slide is never selected. To test this i moved 3 slides outside the music and ctrl +shift + end form slide 2 and all but the first slide and last slide were selected. Repeated test with all slides within music duration and still all but last slide selected. It does not matter where you start.

This is also true of ctrl+shift+home it always selects to slide 2 not slide 1

Thanks, Igor,

This fixed the problem I was having. Now I have to work out a good strategy for adding and removing slides and transitions, and write it up so I can remember how to do it. :)

Steve,

Try "Shift - End" without the "Ctl".

Just been playing with the transitions and like alrobin I will have to write it down so i have a procedure to follow. I am very impressed with the program and have used in on and off for some time It is only recently that i have used it in anger so to speak. Many of the people who have seen the presentations are extemely impressed and think I am very clever (so thanks Igor)

I must however agree with other though, the time line is not that intuitive.

But great program, please dont do what many really good programs do and become to much and too fancy that the main purpose is lost.

Igor:

As Al says, that solved the insertion of the wrong slide issue

BUT (there is always a but.... )

If you DELETE SLIDE and change your mind, cancelling out of out of TIMELINE brings it back.

But if you say OK to TIMELINE, realize your error and CANCEL out of PROGRAM OPTIONS, it is too late......

To me CANCEL out PROGRAM OPTIONS should undo anything you just did, but it seems not for DELETE SLIDE anyway.

I can live with it the way it is as there are three options:

- NEVER use DELETE SLIDE unless I really want to <grin> (I NEVER use FILE>SAVE or FILE>CREATE so not much difference)

or

- Use INSERT slide to put it back in

or

- close the window, but don't SAVE.

PS: I notice the program no longer fits on a floppy, oh well......

:D;);)

"Cancel" button discards any changes (even if you've deleted slides) in the timeline window.

But you are right, there is no Undo feature in PTE yet. We plan to add Undo for any actions in the future versions. By the way, if I remember correctly you are almost first who request this feature :)

V4.40 larger on 46 KB than v4.31. So after 20 versions program become larger on 1 MB :)

IGOR:

Re: being almost first one who asked for undo....

I like to be ahead of everyone else (except it usually is in making errors, so an UNDO would be welcome )

:D:D

Igor

The time line works great now..thanks!

We now have all the commands we need at our finger tips:-

* Insert New Transition & Slide

* Insert New Transition

* Delete Transition Only

* Delete Transition & Slide

I think what needs to happen now is the lay out of these commands needs to be simplified what about this....

NEW TRANSITION button

This should be a bigger button than the others and in a different colour. It is the main button you use when adding transitions to a brand new show. Designed to be used when the music is playing and recording transitions on the fly.

DELETE... button

This button expands into two choices 1. Delete Transition only 2. Delete Transition and Slide

INSERT... button

This button expands into two choices 1. Insert Transition only (essentially the same as the NEW TRANSITION button) 2. Insert Transition and Slide

This way users would head for the "Delete.." and "Insert.." buttons when editing a show and use the NEW TRANSITION button when first recording the transitions.

I think this would make the interface much more intuitive and doesn't involve any "behind the scenes program changes" only interface changes.

What do you think?

I have been looking at the play button in the timeline seeing what the quickest way to use it is. Especially to preview just some slides in the middle or the end. I have found that it will not play beyond the end of music marker so I am unable to optimise my lead out slides. I could do it with silence but.

Is there any way that the play can be made to start from a selected point or slide and have it paly right to the end. If that was possible then running a preview from the beginning would still be easy you would just have to Ctrl -Home first

Steve

Is this not a similar question to one I answered within the last few days. Click on the 'Play' button then click on the timeline where you wish to come in. Obviously not. As I always add the relevant amount of silence either at the beginning or end of the music as you have suggested it has never occurred to me to question it. Hope you get the solution you want.

Ron [uK]

ronwill

Yes it is the same question and your answer has made it easier. But last night i was working on the lead outs on a show of 121 slides, with no music for the last 3 slides. So having to use your method worked but was not "simple" as I wanted to test the lead out quickly oan often till I got it right. Unfortunatly I could not as the play did not run past the end of the music.

Great release! :) :) :)

I mentioned quite a few betas ago about the PageCurl transition - having showed it to a lot of people they all came to the same conclusion, if you choose to go BACK to a previous slide, it should reverse (do the opposite) the page curl to look like it is really going back a page.

Would be a really cool effect I think.

Keep up the great work.

Fedorov.

This is more of an observation of a change than anything else.

When starting to work on a new show in previous versions, I would, after selecting the images of course, start with PROJECT OPTIONS and work through the various TABS.

I would set the MAIN TAB to SYNCHRONOIZATION and turn off DISPLAY SLIDES FOR "X" SECONDS

Then I would work through the ADVANCE TAB etc. adding the music in the MUSIC TAB, selecting the TRANSITION Defaults in EFFECTS.

Then I would come back to PROJECT OPTIONS>MAIN, open the CUSTOMIZE SYNCHRONIZATION to get the TIMELINE.

In VER 4.3 and previous, I would be greeted with a blank timeline and I either put the transitions in manually, or let them be distributed equally before I started finetuning.

In 4.7 when I open the TIMELINE the first time, all the slides are alreday distributed across the TIMELINE, but spaced as per the "DISPLAY SLIDES FOR "X SECONDS" that I had turned off.

It is no big deal as I just delete all the points, and then let the software arrange them again or in put them in manually and start the fine tuning.

It is just an extra step for a reason I don't quite understand.

alrobin,

If / when you do write up a procedure / workflow / standard work that explains some or all of the options connected with managing transitions, will you share?

Thanks! :D

Certainly! It may cost you, though. :)

I think Al likes Scotch or Irish whiskey ...

I have a bottle of good Irish dew in front of me right now - in commememeration of St. Paddy's day tomorrow! B) Want to join me, Ken? :)

I was booked, packed and ready to go ............

until I realised I'd miss the big match on Saturday. ;):blink:

So will just dust my "leek & daffodil " up

and toast your disappointments on Saturday ! :D

Maureen