WnSoft Forums

"Loading" comment

JRR

I frequently use a "launch" page when doing PTE presentations to a group. (Single page PTE shows with OBJECTS to start the individual shows)

I am working on one now for next week with 8 PTE presentations and I have noticed something slightly different.

Several of the shows go back a year or so, made on early versions of PTE. I get a "loading" comment on 4 of those shows, the smallest of which is 26mb.

But one made with the current version (4.4) I do not get a "loading" comment despite it being a 41mb file.

Am I correct in assuming that this is because Igor has worked wonders with the starting up of the new shows, and if I "re-compiled" the old shows in the new version, the loading comment would be a thing of the past ?

(Yes I know generally shows should not have files this size, but there are reasons why they do ;) )

Thats my understanding. The message came about from us clamoring in the forum for an indication to viewers that something was indeed happening. The thought was to help prevent a new viewer from repeatedly clicking and the possible mutliple instances running.

I think Igor came up with that after Nobeefstu and possibly boxig had also given us similar indicators to use.

Now, I have concluded as you do, they are seldom needed.

I believe the reason that this is no longer needed is because Igor had speeded things up. I never use the Start Up window now, for me it spoils the professionalism of a show.

Ron [uK]