WnSoft Forums

problems with Ulead

aztari

Hi

I recently got the new version of pics2exe and tried the video link, I was using Sonic but it wouldn't burn it, they said it won't handle third party slideshows, so I went with the suggestion of Ulead at a cost of over $100 it also won't burn DVD's keeps saying it's busy with another application. On Ulead advice I uninstalled Sonic, added an update to the burner engine of Ulead which they sent me and also a firmware update for my sony DRU 530A DVD burner

After all that i still get the message that it's busy with another application can anyone help please if so please mail me on

aztari@sbcglobal.net I would really appreciate it

Thank you

Probably they changed internal API, so our plug-in doesn't work correctly with new version of Ulead DMF 4. Or it's our error in PTE.

I'll download trial version of this version and check up for this problem.

Please don't worry, this problem will be fixed very soon!

Just to add to the numbers mix--I've been using DVD Movie Factory 3 very successfully for a while now, it plays very nicely with PTE..or at least it does on my computer. Haven't seen DVD MF4 in action yet. (It simply amazes me how quickly Igor responds to any mention a problem...now if we could only get a fraction of his dedication and support out of Roxio, MS and all the rest of the Big Guys.You are the king Igor!

Jim. (the LA one.)

I just quickly checked up how PicturesToExe v4.40 works with Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0 and found no problem. I've experimented with creating ISO image file (virtual disc, without buring of real DVD disc).

Please describe me in more details how the problem appears?

1) Is it not recognize .ptev video file which you import from PTE to Ulead DMF 4.0? (In this case please restart Ulead DMF 4.0 and try again)

2) Do you see preview after adding of pte video file in Ulead?

3) Or does it fall when Ulead DMF 4.0 converting video for the DVD disc?

(If it happens with all projects, please try with very short slide-show - two slides and 10-sec. music file and let me know about result)

By the way, new Ulead Launcher has so cool interface with bottom mirrored shadow! But it works SO SLOWELY. It should works at least in 10 times faster because they uses special layered windows. Also DMF 4 doesn't work in 800x600 anymore.

1) So Ulead accepted PTE video file and started converting?

2) What is you version of Windows? If Windows XP, is it with SP2?

3) What CPU you have - Athlon 64 or Pentium 4?

4) Please try this test version:

http://www.wnsoft.com/beta/pte441video1.zip

1) Reproduce this bug with video as usually to make sure that we have the problem.

2) Then close PTE, start it again. In "Video" window set checked "Debug" option and try again. (You'll see a green field instead of video.)

Hi, I am using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4 since one week and I have no problems to create a DVD with the AVI-file of PTE 4.0. I only disable the mark - for Ulead Movie Factory -, because I cannot open the .ptev-file.

@Igor:

What is the difference of the avi-file, if I enable - for Ulead Movie Factory - or not?

Only the name of the file extension?

Slide effect, page effect, corling of page and some other effects appear jerkily if I create a DVD with 9800 kbit constant bitrate. All other effects appear very very smooth. What is the reason?

What´s your opinion, enable or disable - sharpness filter - for AVI ?

Greetings, Rainer

When you use Ulead DVD MF please alsways use "For Ulead" option which produces special .ptev video file for Ulead. Only this option allows to create smooth video (50/60 fields) in Ulead programs. So we highly recommend to use this option if you work with Ulead products.

If you use usual AVI file, please remove "Interlaced" option. Because Ulead can't recognize interlaced AVI video file and converted video will jerk (not smooth). Not interlaced AVI will contains only 25/30 fields, it will not jerk, but Push effect and Curl effect will not look enough smooth.

Another programs, like TMpegEnc, Adobe Encore, Pinnacle Studio correctly recognize AVI files with "Interlaced" option and produces smooth video with 50/60 fields.

Concerning problem with Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.

Apparently it's a bug that it can't recognize special .ptev video format anymore (when you enable "For Ulead..." option in PTE). I've tried with trial version of Ulead DMF4 and all works fine.

Please download this test which will help me to find why PTE can't correctly find installed Ulead DMF4:

http://www.wnsoft.com/beta/FindUleadDMF4.exe (130 KB)

Igor

I tried another DVD run using your latest beta, but I got the same result. The process seems to start and then I got the microsoft warning message again.

I am using an AMD chip, 1.7 processor and 1.5 gig of ram

The slide show I tried to make into a DVD was a large one about 17 meg in total size

Perhaps I should do it again and take a screen shot of how far it gets, would that be helpful?

Barry Beckham