WnSoft Forums

Stealing Pictures from program

normeister

:) WISH LIST

I'm sure many users of pictures to exe are showcasing their work in this slide show presentation software. Many photographers are using the software to provide low res proofs to their clients. I'm aware that a new feature in the software disallows the use of <shift Print Scrn>, but there still exists software like snagit that will allow the user to take a snapshot of the screen, and save or print it at will. As a test I took one of my slide shows, and started the snagit software. With two clicks of the keyboard, I had a duplicate image that I could save, or print. As a photographer who relies on repeat business, and reprints, this news hurts.

I would like to make a suggestion for improving the software: Have a configuration screen that enables the user to type in a watermark message. As the slide show is running, if the user touches the keyboard, the watermark message appears fouling his attempts to steal the images. This would greatly improve the safety of the copywrited material in the slide show.

I'm sure the rest of you would agree with me.

;)

Regards

Normeister,

This topic has been "beat to death" already! (See the early threads in this forum. )

There are ways around this and it has been discussed before. I too am a photographer and there are ways to deter people.

Yes, there has been plenty of talk because it is very important to many people. And for many people it is of no concern. But, I think, normeister's "solution" would be great - IF it could be done. I don't know if it is possible to takeover keyboard control such that the proposal is possible. IF, possible, it would probably be a much stronger deterrent than what is currently being used by forum members.

Hi Normeister,

Could you elaborate on your defences I would be very interested to hear how and it might put an end to this topic , though I would'nt bet on it .Somebody reckons burning on DVD should solve it with the correct preventitive software , look forward to your reply Clive.

The software develloppers of PTE can use the windows API to monitor running programs. If PTE detects a screen capture program like snagit, irfanview, or any other.. it can automatically pop-up the watermark. I realize that hackers would still be able to steal the images somehow, but this solution of using the keyboard keys, and program monitoring would no doubt stop 95% of the theft. These options would however be settable in user preferences section of the program.

Feedback Pease ! :)

Regards,

Norm

as had been said many times it has been beat to death

the next thing some author would have forgot they enabled your feature -- lost all their originals and would want to retrieve their picts from the exe using screen shots -- now the author is sol

ken