WnSoft Forums

ProShow Gold

Guest Techman1

JVPLAP,

Since you already purchased the right to use Pictures-to-Exe, I would use the latest version of it and see what you think. It can create video that can be brought into a DVD burning software and the results are very good. Do a search and you'll find all kinds of information on this site (about PTE).

Good luck.

Fred

Has anyone used ProShow Gold to burn exe. files to DVD's? How does this work? Is it worth buying the program or can it be done through the pictures to exe. program?

Actually, you don't burn .exe files to a DVD unless you intend to play the DVD in a computer. The executable format doesn't work in DVD players. I suspect you mean an auto-running DVD slideshow which is essentially a "movie" format. If that's the case it works well with ProShow Gold but you can make the same type slideshow with P2E by using the output to AVI feature then using another program such as Ulead DVD Movie Factory to convert and burn the AVI to DVD format.

Lin

>>you can make the same type slideshow with P2E by using the output to AVI feature then using another program such as Ulead DVD Movie Factory to convert and burn the AVI to DVD format.<<

True, but... I continue to use PTE on occasion to make .EXE shows that will be run strictly on a PC. But, when it comes to making shows for DVD, that's where PSG shines. I --hate-- it :angry: when I have to use multiple programs to execute a task and unfortunately, PTE forces me to do this if what I'm after is a DVD-based show. PSG on the other hand is one-stop-shopping... I create the show there, add an effects I like (the text effects are unmatched), and then can output the show as an .exe, a DVD-show (or both on the same disc), or even such variants as VCD, SVCD, or .SCR screensavers.

PTE is still king of .exe creation and the ability to add objects to link to other things is it's greatest strength, but having to buy an additional program like Movie Factory so I can make a DVD?? Nah.... not this kid.

Wanna --really--- take PTE to the next level?? Add a burning engine to it and allow the user to take the project from show to disc all from within the program. Until then, I'll use PSG for what it does best and PTE for what it does best, which isn't making DVD-based shows.

Wanna see what a pro can do with PSG ??

Check out this show by Mark Ridout

-- Rick

Really, no need to dispute about it :)

Of course, it would be great if author could prepare slide-show and burn DVD using one program (it solves possible problems with incompatibility).

We plan to add own MPEG2 encoder in the future. Only probably this module will be available as plug-in to PTE and it will cost additional money, because we will need to pay royalties to Motion Picture Entertainment Group.

making shows for DVD, that's where PSG shines. I --hate-- it  when I have to use multiple programs to execute a task and unfortunately, PTE forces me to do this if what I'm after is a DVD-based show. PSG on the other hand is one-stop-shopping... I create the show there, add an effects I like (the text effects are unmatched), and then can output the show as an .exe, a DVD-show (or both on the same disc), or even such variants as VCD, SVCD, or .SCR screensavers.

Hi Rick,

If you think the text effects in ProShow Gold are "unmatched" then you haven't used Media@Show which has the best text effects of any slideshow by a considerable margin.

If you check out slideshow "contests" you will find more than an average amount of winners are using P2E rather than ProShow Gold. Mark's slideshows don't come close to some which have been done with P2E. Absolutely PSG is the present affordable king of DVD producing slideshows but you can do things with PicturesToExe which simply can't be done with ProShow Gold because of the object handling ability. You've been away too long from P2E - there are some amazing new capabilities.

Best regards,

Lin

YOU SHOULD REALLY BE ASKING ON THE PROSHOW FORUM

Roger i tried to stop it in the bud, but it is like a bad weed -- hard to kill :))

we have discussed Proshow so many times before but it keeps coming back to disrupt the flow of p2e issues :blink:

ken