WnSoft Forums

Another suggestion please and thanks

JRR

Igor:

A suggestion for a future release:

Independent transition times for outgoing slide from incoming slide.

That will let the producer have more flexibility with the "third image".

Edit added after initial posting:

Think of it as two (or more) slide projectors working independently

I am new to digital AV but have produced numerous professional AV shows in the traditional multi-projector format. 90% of my transitions would be 'custom' dissolves that accessed projectors independently, either allowing an image to fade up while holding the original on the screen, or fading out the original and delaying the incoming image. Although the transition timing is very sublte in most cases, it permited marvelous transitions, adding another dimesnion to the show. This technique took advantage of the 'third image' effect created by the overlap, or softened a harsh transition by beginning an early fade of the existing image on the screen. I do not see the ability in this software to do that, which is vital for these artistic effects.

The opportunity to access images independently, provide separate dissolve rates, and separate access times to the images would be a marvelous improvement to this otherwise competent software. For example: Begin 6 second fade-in of incoming image and four seconds into the disolve, begin a three second fade-out of the existing image.

I would be interested in any comments.

I think that the way is to do three pictures with PS : A, A+B, B , with two independant transitions ..

Please, Igor, do not do too many tools !

As now : good and hard tools!

My wish : to see the true images on the time line ! As I use very much the object addition, it would be great ! :rolleyes:

Maybe already in v4.50 or later we'll add ability of animation for objects. You will able to show two or more images as objects (with different effects) via these new objects in one slide.

But as usually only an one slide on the screen (to keep PTE simple in use).

I too use Daniel's method by producing the necessary images in Photoshop. I demonstrated this in a short upload, Third Image Demo, to the Beechbrook site in February or March last year.

Ron [uK]

...Also we're working on the new graphical engine now...
...At the moment this is the only (I think) downside with digital AVs (I do this in Photoshop but it's not as good as it would be in p2e)...
...Independent transition times for outgoing slide from incoming slide...

Igor,

To provide the famous third image, I think it's difficult to implement in the new graphical engine, separate fade in and fade out times, but perhaps You can consider an another easiest way to reach a similar goal.

For FADE transition which is today linear, I suggest to add only 3 new parameters necessary to define a new process (divided in PHASE 1, PAUSE, PHASE 2) :

- p1 : percent of EFFECT DURATION for phase 1, (default:100 -> no third image)

- o1 : percent of second image's OPACITY at the end of phase 1

- p2 : percent of PAUSE DURATION before phase 2

Phase 2 DURATION (p3) is the rest of initial effect duration.

As far as possible, that would be a great improvment for PTE.

I agree that PhotoShop can be used to achieve "multiple projector/independent transition" effects, my suggestion was to see if we could do it within PTE.

Could it be done by adding an optional second timeline and appear just above the single timeline we now use, in the same dialogue box? The even number slides could be on the top line, the odd number on the bottom line.

A "transistion out time" would have to be added of course.

Each line would be fully functional but independent.

Again, this would be an option the producer would activate if they wanted to use it.

I'd like to support Jim and Paul's suggestion. While one can of course produce "third" or even "fourth" and more images in Photoshop by various opacity blends of the starting and ending images, it can be very difficult and tedious to get this effect to look in PTE like it looks in a "traditional" dissolve-unit show, because in the latter the transition can be much smoother and more continuous than in PTE working with a small number of intermediate-stage images. Of course, the more such images you create, the closer the effect in PTE would mirror the dissolve-unit effect, but that could entail an awful lot of images and tedious Photoshop work. What Jim and Paul are suggesting would be a nice enhancement, if it's not too difficult to program.

Welcome to the Forum Paul. I look forward to seeing what you do digitally, having seen and admired your "analog" shows in the past.

Ed you only need three images to create a smooth third image rendition as seen in my "Third Image Demo" on Beechbrook, but I agree with JRR that it would be nice to know if it could be done within PTE.

Ron [uK]