WnSoft Forums

16:9 aspect ratio video

potwnc

This is the continuation of a thread I started on the other forum.

I'm having difficulty producting video output with a 16:9 (anamorphic widescreen) aspect ratio. Although my images are in 16:9 (1920x1080 pixels), when I say I want a custom video with 1920x1080 pixels, the avi that PTE produces is stretched horizontally. Does anyone know how to achieve the desired output?

Thanks,

Ray

It's possible right now with some manual correction:

1) Close PTE.

2) Open apr.ini file in PicturesToExe's folder.

3) Find the next strings:

AVIVideoRenderWidth=1024

AVIVideoRenderHeight=768

Set the next values:

AVIVideoRenderWidth=1920

AVIVideoRenderHeight=1080

PicturesToExe uses these parameters for rendering of frames for video.

p.s. Thank you. In the next version I'll make automatical adjusting of internal resolution according custom AVI parameters.

That seems to have fixed all my problems!!! I now get a 16:9 DVD that plays fine and looks good on various software DVD players and on my TV. All done with Tsunami Mpeg DVD Author! For those of you following the other thread, their tech support had told me this can't be done and that I'd need to buy their other encoder. Turns out they're wrong about that!

As before, I'll take the DVD to an electronics store and report back here on what the quality looks like on a large HDTV.

Thanks for posting the fix so fast!

Ray

I took the DVD to the electronics store and the quality this time looks very good. A little pixelated on the stills, but that's to be expected on a 50 inch HDTV from a 1MB JPEG! We also played it through one of the DVD players that claims to up-convert DVD resoution to HDTV resolution. It looked even better!

The conclusion is that if your audience will be viewing on a large, good quality TV, keep stills to a minimum and overall transition time to a maximum. Now I want to see pan and zoom on a HD-DVD player hooked up to the 60 inch plasma HDTV they had (which costs $11,500 by the way!).

Ray