WnSoft Forums

Another KeyFrame question

SeismicGuy

I'll try and accurately describe what I want to do.  I want to create one slide with 2 images and want to duplicate the movement animation of the second image with the first but at a later time.  I started by applying a style to one of the slides--it happens to be a style where the image moves onto the screen, flips over, and then disappears from the screen.  Not sure it makes a different but the "image" happens to be an mp4 rather than a jpg  Anyway in the Objects and Animation screen and in the attached the 151302 mpg works exactly as I like.  I want to add in a second mpg (151416) and copy all of the key frames from the 151302 into 151416 since I like the rotations a movements.  I will then shift all of those keyframes down along the timeline.  Is it possible to copy the keyframe animation properties from one slide onto another slide or do I need to manually enter those? 

I hope what I am trying to do is clear.  Basically take a style intended for one image but add a second image with the identical animation properties.

Doug

image.thumb.png.e74987a117ba6e45f418273b185eb77d.png

The easiest way to do it is to copy & paste ypur first MP4 into the Object List.

This will copy all of the keyframes also.
Then change the MP4 for your second one - click the little down arrow next to Picture in the Properties tab.

To shift all the Keyframes, click on the first

, then shift click on the last so they are all highlighted & drag to the new position.

Jill

yes, PTE has a Main Object - the image you see in SlideList & Timeline.

By copying it will tick Main Object for the copy also - forgot about that
So you have done the correct thing by unticking main Object on the copy.

At present there is no other way to copy KeyFrames

Jill

Also I discovered and ended up solving another issue.  When putting a jpg on a slide you can control when it seems to "appear" on the slide with key frames by starting it off the viewable area and/or having it transparent until some predetermined time.  I was trying to do the same thing with a mp4 file in that I wanted it to appear at some point near the middle of the overall slide duration (for argument's sake say the duration was 10 seconds and I wanted the mp4 to appear after 5 seconds).  The problem is that the mp4 content itself would start playing 5 seconds into the mp4 rather than right at the start of the mp4).  I discovered the OFFSET option on the video property tab and looks like that I can actually have the proper start of the video occurring after 5 seconds (or whatever I choose).