WnSoft Forums

Undo??!!

anneframe

Hi,

This is my first attempt with P2E and I think I goofed. I created one slideshow and burned it and then wanted to alter it and create a different one. I opened the earlier project, made my changes and then hit "Create" thinking it would ask me to rename the file. Instead it replaced my first slideshow. Any chance I can restore it??

Thanks!

Sorry, but I don't think so. :(

I always use Save as... and Create Slideshow As... to be on the safe side. Once burnt...

But I agree with you. You actually should get a question about overwriting (perhaps optional). Comments, Igor?

Surely you have noticed that you get a message that your .exe file already exists and do you want to overwrite it! It is also a good idea to always save your show as a 'project' and in case you want to go back later (months or even years) why not make use of the option to 'create a template' This will preserve all your pictures, the project file and also any music used in the show - all in one convenient folder.

Ron West

anneframe - Welcome to the forum

You had your original .pte file saved at first, as you mentioned you did open the earlier project to edit.

The edited show once you click “ Create Slideshow “ would have only created an .exe and possibly overwritten the first and not changed the original .pte ( working file ) at that time. Unless you " Saved As "

or

UNTIL you closed the program – you are then asked “ Project has been changed. Would you like to save it “

If you had checked “No ” it would have resorted back to the original .pte file name.

Now if you clicked “ Yes “ the working file .pte would have been overwritten ( lost original )

If you are not sure what you clicked when you did exit the program “ Yes “ or “ No “

Check the .pte file again in your working folder. Or if folder or file name was changed - as a last resort, do a search – all files - .pte - see if original is still on computer.

I agree with Leif, I also “ Save As “ & “ Create Slide Show As “ using a different file name each time I exit.

You can always delete the ones you do not require when show is completed.

Ronnie

Surely you have noticed that you get a message that your .exe file already exists and do you want to overwrite it!

My Error:

Ron this message only appears when choosing " Create Slide Show As " with same file name - not when clicking " Create Slideshow"

My Error Edited:

Sorry Ron my error. It does ask you the first time, however if changes are made and you click " Create Slideshow " a second time it overwrites with no warning.

THE FAMOUS QUOTE "JESUS SAVES" SHOULD BE REWORDED TO "JESUS SAVES AS" AND "JESUS CREATE AS "

when messin around in anything in windows and you are not sure

always "save as" with a new file name

it is very easy to delete things when you get squared around

ken

I'm always amazed at the wealth of information on this forum in addition to PTE! :D Thanks Leif for the link to Screamer Radio. A freeware that really works as stated. The fact that it is recordable, it would be conceivable to grab some clips for P2E shows. Have you tried to do that Leif?

Bill

Àáñîëþòíî ñîãëàñåí ñ àâòîðîì ýòîãî òîïèêà!

Èãîðü, ïðîãðàììà ÎÁßÇÀÍÀ ïðåäóïðåæäàòü î ïåðåçàïèñè ôàéëà! ×åñòíî ãîâîðÿ, ÿ óäèâëÿþñü, ïî÷åìó çà âñå ãîäû ñóùåñòâîâàíèÿ PicturesToExe ýòîò ãëþê, âîçâåäåííûé â ðàçðÿä "îñîáåííîñòåé", òàê è íå áûë èñïðàâëåí. Î÷åíü íàäåþñü, ÷òî òû âñå æå óäåëèøü ýòîìó âðåìÿ. Ñïàñèáî.

Ron

According to Babelfish website it says:

It is absolutely agreeable with the author of this topika! Igor, program IT IS OBLIGATED to prevent about the rerecording of file! Honestly speaking, I be surprised, why this Gluck, elevated into the discharge of "special features", so not was corrected in all years of existence PicturesToExe. Greatly I hope that you will nevertheless give to this time. Thanks.

I'm always amazed at the wealth of information on this forum in addition to PTE! :D Thanks Leif for the link to Screamer Radio. A freeware that really works as stated. The fact that it is recordable, it would be conceivable to grab some clips for P2E shows. Have you tried to do that Leif?

Bill

I've been using MP3 files recorded with Screamer for some of my P2E presentations, yeah. No problem at all. Agree with you, Screamer rocks!