WnSoft Forums

Stop text from zooming with picture

modern_min

I know this is a bit basic, but I have searched for a long time without success.  It is about picture slides with text captions.

In Objects and Animation, I can zoom the text alone, or the text and picture together.  But I want the picture to zoom and the text remain static.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Davegee - your question sent me off to Barry's videos to find out what a parent/child relationship is, how to know if you've got one and to create one. I can confirm that when you select a text box (T button on the top menu), it makes it a child of the picture, which explains the behaviour.

So it would appear that every time I want to put a caption on an animated picture, I have to cut the text item, paste it into empty space and move it to the top.  Then I highlight what it is I want to zoom and do it.  I am correct?

It's a bit of a faff - is there a simpler way (like telling PTE I want it to create text boxes unrelated to the picture?

Thanks for your help.  I'm still near the start of my learning tree.

just make sure no Object is selected when you add text.

Either click on the space below all the Objects, or click outside the Objects in the view above.

When no Objects are selected any new item will automatically go to the top of the stack.

Jill

I've just tried that and it works a treat.  Thank you so much, Jill.  I am gradually getting the hang of PTE.  It is such a good product, and I am really proud of the slideshows I have produced so far, simple though they are.

• Like 1