WnSoft Forums

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and Touchscreen Monitors

tom95521

Does anyone have experience with a Ryzen 7 5700G computer or USB touchscreen monitors?  Any problems and do they work well together? This would be a 1920x1080 touchscreen monitor, not 4K.  Not for me, but for my wife. Not a multimedia content creator.

Thanks,
Tom

• 1 month later...

I ordered this PC for my wife. It should be fine for web, multimedia, and casual gaming like "Stray". I can always upgrade the 8 GB 6600 XT card in the future. 

https://www.costco.com/hp-victus-gaming-desktop---amd-ryzen-7-5700g---radeon-rx-6600xt.product.4000056482.html

I will probably order this Touch Screen.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-P2418HT-23-8-Touch-Monitor/dp/B01NBX1Q2T

Tom

HPVictus.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I did a test of the video encoding speed on the AMD 5700G with AMD 6600 XT computer compared to my computers. I know AMD GPU cards are not as popular as Nvidia but the RX 6600 XT seems to work fine with PTE. Unless you have a large amount of video in your project the native slideshow format will always create a much smaller size file.

Tom

PTE Video Encoding.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Tom,

Thank you for sharing these results and testing PTE 11 on different computers!

It's interesting that for video encoding using CPU Mac Mini with Apple M1 chip works with the same performance as AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (8 cores, 105W). When I encoded video on our Mac Mini M1 I noticed that it stayed cool and noiseless even after long time of video encoding. Excellent power efficiency.

If you use a HW option for video encoding, I would recommend to use High quality preset in PTE AV Studio for better visual results, not Medium preset.

Hi Igor,

I will probably update my benchmarks in the near future. I am happy with the AMD 5700G and RX 6600 XT computer. I think the Sample Project is a good method of comparing encoding speed since everyone can test their video encoding performance.

Good suggestion about HQ preset.

Thanks,
Tom

• Like 1