WnSoft Forums

"Loading..." message

johnrees

For some reason I can't get the "loading..." message to display while the program is loading. I looked at the "Messages" box in "Project Options" and see it there but can't figure out how to make the "loading" message display. Does anyone know what I am missing? I'm using 4.42 and had no problems with this in earlier versions.

John Rees

Johnrees

The simple answer to that should be that the .exe file loads so fast with the new versions of PTE that the "loading" message does not get a chance to come up.

But since you asked the question are you experiencing a blank screen for what you feel is too long and thus looking for the message ?

What size is the .exe file ?

One of my more recent shows is a 43mb file. It loads instantly.

• 6 months later...

CGalvan

been fixed long ago - I believe Igor made some changes that loaded the shows real fast so it was no longer needed

get the latest version 4.45

but running off the cd has always been iffy -- a whole lot of things are involved and if you do not have the power you will have a slow loading show -- better to copy and paste to your hard drive

ken

I only forgotten to remove "Loading..." text edit from "Messages" tab in the Project options. This minor moment will be corrected in the next version.

I burn my .exe presentations to CD so that I can send them to Clients and Friends adding a menu of several presentations that can be run from the said disk.

It would be unrealistic to expect some of my users to be able copy the contents to their hard drives.

Perhaps the decision to remove the "Loading..." should be reconsidered?

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos,

"Running off a CD" can creates many problems which have been discussed on the Forum many times before.

The major problem are that you don't know the "Set-Up" of your friends Computers ~ What Operating System is being used ? ~ Whats the Processor Speed ? ~ How much 'User Memory' is available ? and whether or not the CD-Rom Drive has its own Cache Memory ?

Apart from Desktop PC's ~ Most all 'low-cost' Laptops have slow CD-ROM Drives which don't like 'live' running Exe's.

After a few years, we finally gave up on sending 'Autorun PTE CDs' to friends ~ Now we only send out CD's which have an 'Auto-Installer' in the CD package. You simply place the CD in the drive and the 'Installer' does the rest automatically.

What are the advantages? ~ Even the slowest PC can run the PTE Show properly as it's coming off the Hard Drive and the PC itself creates enough 'Virtual Memory' to do the task asked of it !

Another advantage is that its virtually 'idiot proof' - no human intervention required except press the 'Run Button'. You can Uninstall-Install as often as needed and you can circulate the same CD amongst Friends with a very high confidence that it's going to work 9 out of 10 times ~ Thats not bad !

Brian.

Conflow Services.

Carlos,

"Running off a CD" can creates many problems which have been discussed on the Forum many times before.

The major problem are that you don't know the "Set-Up" of your friends Computers ~ What Operating System is being used ? ~ Whats the Processor Speed ? ~ How much 'User Memory' is available ? and whether or not the CD-Rom Drive has its own Cache Memory ?

Apart from Desktop PC's ~ Most all 'low-cost' Laptops have slow CD-ROM Drives which don't like 'live' running Exe's.

After a few years, we finally gave up on sending 'Autorun PTE CDs' to friends ~ Now we only send out CD's which have an 'Auto-Installer' in the CD package. You simply place the CD in the drive and the 'Installer' does the rest automatically.

What are the advantages? ~ Even the slowest PC can run the PTE Show properly as it's coming off the Hard Drive and the PC itself creates enough 'Virtual Memory' to do the task asked of it !

Another advantage is that its virtually 'idiot proof' - no human intervention required except press the 'Run Button'. You can Uninstall-Install as often as needed and you can circulate the same CD amongst Friends with a very high confidence that it's going to work 9 out of 10 times ~ Thats not bad !

Brian.

Conflow Services.

Conflow,

Where do I find the Auto install info on the cds.....jongru

Program Auto-Installers

Hi Guys,

The following PTE Show "Auto-Installers" are quite good but like all new Programs you will need to spend

a little while becomming familiar with them.

'Clickteam Install Creator' from:- www.clickteam.com

'Setup Stream' for those who want more control, from:- www.virtualzone.de

These Programs and others are also available from:- www.snapfiles.com

Hope this helps,

Brian.conflow.