WnSoft Forums

default settings

Trudy

Hi,

I am trying to change the length of time I want a slide to display and it won't let me have anything other than 4 seconds. When I try to hit 2 seconds it will leave it at that and then still display for 4 seconds. When I try to change the default it just automatically bumps it back to 4 seconds????

Can anyone help with this?

I agree with Bob (LumenLux). I guess there is something wrong in PTE installation.

I'm reading almost all posts of this forum for near two years, when PTE was just born, and I never heard about this issue...

Try this again, Trudy. It's not quite correct, but can be useful to understand something...

Go to PTE folder in Program Files, open apr.ini file with Notepad and in second line (TimeInterval=4) delete "4" (let "TimeInterval=").

Hi, Trudy,

I replied by separate email, but thought I would post it here too as it looks like there are a few others interested in your problem. :)

I looked at your file, and there is only one image. I added another image, and everything worked fine.

If you want to cycle only one image, you need to add a black slide. Then you can customize the black slide for say 2 seconds, and the other one to whatever you want.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

To guido,

Have just change the timer options in apr.ini to "TIMER=" like you suggested and now the display time is correct.

The only problem i still have when i use fade in/out is the flickering (shokking) images. ( smooting = on on my fast PC)

Something strange because it happens only with photofiles bigger than 200 kb???

Any idea how to solve this, since i use almost fade in/out for my shows.

i'm not in the "box" guido like you suggested :(

To all,

thanks for this fine forum, its a bless.

Hi Fuji

Guru and others on here will tell you, 200kb is reasonably ok but smaller is better, but also memory and space counts, all have to be sorted to get it right, please tell us your full program details

Mike

Mersea Island

Michel, I'll explain all.

My first camera, many years ago, when I was a boy, was a wonderful 6x9 (cm) 120 box camera, a "photo-box". So, for me, boy and box are two associated words, "sont deux mots qui vont très bien ensemble" as the Beatles sang in "Michelle". So when you say Fuji I remember my old box, and then the boy I was... and I'm making a little confusion...

Well, I did a little mistake, is it not allowed?! :(

to Mike

It seems that i'm not the only one with this problem.

In a other topic "Transitions problem" i maybe found the solution.

I have a lot of files bigger than 500 Kb, some times up to 800 Kb. They suggest not use files bigger than 200 KB.

I shoot photograps with a fuji finepix S602Z on 6 megapixels high quality wich give me files around 20 Mb (yes so big) Afterwards i do a save for the web in photoshop. Sometimes i loosing to much sharpness and the pixels are more vissible if i bring the files back to around 200 Kb.(took to much information away)

Hope Igor can fix this small bug in one of the newest editions of PTE because fade in/out is a real nice transition.

The pc i use is a 2 Gb pentium with XP pro, 512 MB mem ,Geforce4 128 mb graphic card and a HD of 60 GB

I d'nt think that the problem coming from the pc, but i can be wrong.

Neverteless PTE is a great program

to Guido

its forgiven you may call me fujibox :( (hihi)

Fujiboy:

Take your 20mb file, which is a normal size file, and open it in PhotoShop.

Then using IMAGE SIZE, reduce it from your approximate 2200x3300 pixel size (I am assuming that is where you are) to 800x600 (don't change anything else in IMAGE SIZE) and SAVE AS a .jpg, Quality 5 you will likely end up with the right size of file at 100-200kb and it should be as sharp as what you started with (unless you try to print out a large print).

On screen it should be fine.

Good luck