WnSoft Forums

Applying multiple displacement maps to an image

Rosemary A

Hi Rosemary, you should really post this under the PTE11 Beta Topics Section.

You only apply 1 displacement map to an image.
To create movement you need to move the displacement map using keyframes, either via a Zoom or Pan or both.
A small movement for a very subtle effect & a larger movement to be more visible

You would them mask out areas that you don't want to move with normal opacity Masks.

Play around with it & you will find out how to do it, it is the best way to learn

Jill

Hi Jill, Thank you for your advice and it is well taken. I had asked on the Beta Topics Section but no one answered. It is probably because I am not asking the correct questions.

Bad Dancer had given me an example of ripples on a lake where he had 3 areas with ripples. I was trying to achieve that. I have followed Barry Beckhams tutorial and that was great but there is only one "ripple" area. 

26 minutes ago, Rosemary A said:

but there is only one "ripple" area. 

As I said above, if for example you want 3 ripple areas, then you need Opacity Masks to 'Blank' out the areas where you don't want ripples.
So add the Masks to everywhere you don't want affected. You may need several depending on how complex the shapes are.

I have done it with just one mask for the overhanging branches, but if you don't want ripples in other areas then just add more Opacity Masks.
Make sure that these are above the Displacement Mask

Replace the file WaterRipple with your own image in the attached .pte file to see how to do it

Jill

Water.pte