WnSoft Forums

Any News on Next Version?

HaroldB

Igor,

Is it still in your plans to include pan and zoom effects in the next version of PTE? If so, do you have any idea when you might have a beta of that available?

While we're on the topic of the next PTE version, I think it is time to clean up the glitch that PTE develops when slides are put too closely together on the timeline. Right now, I bet that PTE code ends up with some negative number somewhere, and the result is that the presentation hangs up, repeats itself, or does other bad things. Can you make the change to degrade gracefully, and come as close to the PTE specifications as possible instead of simply having the show glitch?

Harold

Harold,

Yes, we're closely working on the next version. It's very difficult work. We never done like this complex task.

Right today I started to implement graphical interface for customization of Pan/Zoom/Rotate motion effects.

Also we have seen how these effects work, they look very terrific and I'm very impatient to finalize next version, as soon as possible!

There were (and are) many difficult moments.

As author may wishes, new slides should be loaded on the fly, because all slide-show can contains *continuous* non-stop Pan/Zoom effect across slides. It's separate serious problem in Windows.

Also all code of slide-show viewer will be fully rewritten (first time since v3.00 five years ago).

Because of this I hope the first beta will be ready in 4-6 weeks.

Igor:

We are all impatiently ;) waiting for this new version. As always, we want it yesterday.

But we recognize the amount of work you are putting into it and you should release it only when you are feeling comfortable enough to do so.

Now, where did you go for your vacation we asked you to take ?

Igor,

How confident are you in that 4-6 week estimate? The reason I ask is because that's around the time I want to release a trailer of a full-length documentary. It would be SO MUCH better if the trailer could include pan and zoom! I'd be more than happy to use a pre-beta if possible!

Ray

Please remind me (int_support@) after a month, if beta still is not ready, I at least will send your prior documentation, screenshots of new settings, and a list of main new features.

We can't create EXE with slide-show at this moment, all new features in state of hundred separated blocks.

I have put all my presentations on hold pending the next release of PTE with Pan & Zoom, this is probably a good thing as I work through the 3000 images I took on my recent trip to UK and Italy!

But I do my find myself everyday having a peak on the PTE site to check for that much awaited announcement.

Knowing Igor and the team they will wanting to get it right and I appreciate them taking the extra time to do this.

Now if I can only learn to be patient...... :unsure:

Guest Techman1

Igor,

We are all anxious to see this next release come out. If you need any help testing any portions of this, please do not hesitate to PM me and I'll help anyway I can.

The addition of Pan & Zoom to PTE is going to really take this program over the top. We are so lucky to have you and your team working on this.

Thanks for all that you do!

Fred

Igor,

I know I shouldn't be asking this yet but.... I'm going to ask it anyway!

Knowing that my final output will be 1920x1080 pixels (I'm anticipating HD-DVD burners and connecting directly from a PC through DVI to current HDTV technology) am I safe in my assumption that scanning my images at 3840x2160 pixels will produce good results once pan and zoom is released?

I'm asking this because I'm currently scanning thousands of images at 3840x2160 and if I had to re-scan them, the project would be delayed by months!

Ray

Ray,

Why would you have to re-scan them. Could you not just dump them into Irfan View, and re-size them? I doubt if PTE could conveniently handle images significantly larger than 3800 x 2200.

Ray

Yes, it's not a problem. PTE will able to show Pan/Zoom/Rotate with screen resolution of the display or projector. The only thing, such large images (3840x2160) will require more time for loading, so you will need to have fast PC or set longer interval between slides.

Harold

I still can't say if slides may be placed more closely (if you mean task of simulation video - fast show of slides without any effects). Some time interval still is required between slides.

However we've solved another problem - you will able to place a new slide right after ending of a transition effect of previous slide.

So you can show continuous fade effect (through all slides) or continuous Push effect - without any delay. For example, 3 seconds time interval between slides, and every slide contains Fade effect exactly for 3 seconds. So *every moment* of your slide-show will contain effects or motion.