WnSoft Forums

Export animated slides - what am I missing?

mhwarner

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I thought that the new capability of exporting a slide in version 11 would allow me to export a slide as animated, not just the first view as it appears on screen.  Is there another way to accomplish this other than "Publish/Export Slides to Images"?  For instance, I have title slides where a title is outlined with a box and animated over a map.  What I was hoping to get was the completely animated slide showing  the entire box and title over the map.  Using the menu option, all I get is the initial part of the animation as the slide appears on screen.  If this is all I can expect, then I guess the function is rather useless to me.  I was hoping to easily acquire a thumbnail image for youtube posting. I thought perhaps that I could do it from within the O&A editor, but I don't seem to find anything there either.

Note that I can accomplish exactly what I want by playing the completed .mp4 in VLC and extracting the appropriate frame, but I was hopeful that I could do it from within PTE.  I guess not unless I have totally missed something with the new functionality.  Please let me know if I there are additional instructions that I have overlooked.  Thanks in advance!

45 minutes ago, denisb said:

Hi,

Timeline view, set the cursor where you want, Right click export slides to images and select current position

Thank you so much!  I thought I remembered that the new functionality existed but couldn't remember how to do it.   I looked in the Online Help at "What's New" but only saw the section about exporting from the main screen.  I should have searched or gone through the Beta 11 discussions because the right-click in the timeline is in one of Igor's postings.  I appreciate your help, sir!