WnSoft Forums

My website

Guest guru

There are some news on my website:

° Revised and corrected all the site

+ Added a "true" home page

+ Added some tips & tricks

But I'm not sure I can go on with this site. I get an average of 20-30 visits per day, not too bad for a so specialized site. I asked a little help (in the music page), but I got up to present only two little donations, about 27 euros in all.

I need much disk space for the music files. Till now, every time someone asked some music pieces, I used the disk space of a friend to upload them. Now I can no more use this space, and I must pay for a much larger space on the server. Unfortunately, I can't afford it.

It has been a good experience, and I thank all my visitors for their appreciation and their letters of thanks.

Guru:

We certainly don't want to lose your website and all the work that you put into it.

I have sent you a private e-mail with a suggestion.

We all know the internet is free, right ?? <grin>

WRONG !!

Someone has to pay, either the creator of the site for the server space, and/or the user wanting to download or even access material on some sites.

One forum member produces freeware and shareware for us all to use. While I am sure they are people who have used his shareware without contributing, I am sure there have been more than two who have contributed towards his costs.

Another forum member produces tutorials and offers Royalty Free music, but users have to pay before they can access the offerings.

Beechbrook hosts many of our shows and asks for donations. In fact you may have noticed in the past year, the visibility of his donation requests has increased and there has been cut back on file retention times, due to lack of funds.

Guru has contributed tremendously to PTE over the years, as moderator of this forum, as advisor to Igor, as advisor to many of us.

He has put up an excellent website that contains tips and hints for PTE users plus royalty free music. (The only site I know of with no charge Royalty-free music ! )

All this Guido has done at no charge to us.

Guido does have a small note re possible donations on his music page, but it seems only two people have made donations.

It is important that we support those who spend a lot of time and effort supporting us.

Guido needs a small contribution of each us who use his website and he will be able to continue, so let's all pitch in and help this great website and great guy !

A little bit will go along way.

Thanks

I, for one, was hoping to use some of Guido's royalty-free music in the future (and make a donation if/when I did).

I can probably help some with web hosting of files also if the file sizes and bandwidth requirements are too high for the free file-sharing web sites that are out there.

Guido, please PM me if interested.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...