WnSoft Forums

V8 Jet Boats

digartal

An AV featuring over 640 images from a local Jet Boat race that goes around a course in under 1 minute. Some of the boats develop over 800BHP and the water is no more than waist deep.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 4

8 hours ago, nelson said:

Well done Mark,

Would you mind elaborating on how this was captured and put together?

Kieron

Thank you Kieron, glad you enjoyed it.

The boats race over a designated course in around 1 minute or under. The RX10 IV shoots RAW files a little faster at 24.2 frames per second, and the Mark IV supports continuous autofocus at those speeds! Captured with a V90 card and it can buffer about 200 images in memory. On the day I shot about 8,000 images panning the action with the boat. This AV set comprises of about 640 images loaded into PTE AV 10 with an extremely short duration between each image about 0.25 seconds and no fade. This will give you a wide view of the course.

This is another from 2019 before the RX10 IV using single images which have been edited and is similar to the Ken Burns Effect.

One more as it is a great day out and go every year if I can when they race near me.

Hope that helps.

Mark

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nelson said:

Well done Mark,

Would you mind elaborating on how this was captured and put together?

Kieron

Hi Kieron

I produced a similar effect to the first video in 2012 using the burst feature on my Panasonic FX150 bridge camera, then adding the burst shots into PTE. It was almost like a slow motion video. You could try in the current version of PTE by slowing a video clip down. I haven't tried it but I do use PTE to speed up the action in long clips. You would need a fast moving subject. (I think)

Rosy

vid speed 1.jpg

vid speed 2.jpg

• Like 1

• digartal changed the title to V8 Jet Boats