WnSoft Forums

Various screen sizes

Richhaas

My slide shows work great on my computer AND any other that is 1024 by 768. I tried some shows on a friend's lap top with a screen size of 1290 by 800 and my background image was "tiled" although the main image was centered as it should be. I am not using tiny repeitive images for the background but things like picture frames that don't work if they are over to the left and not centered on the image area.

Stretching the background image would be a very poor solution to this problem but better than misalignment on every other computer screen I send my show to. If the background image was also centered and black filled in around?

The best solution would be to have us use a large image for the background and the exe "displays to fit". The exe is already treating the display instructions for the slide and the background differently( the slide is centered and background not).

But for now, how do I force a centering of the background image?

Hello, Ricchaas !

This problem will not be a problem if you use this manner to insert object: see :this tutorial of Jean-Pierre Dollangère ; no problem to insert objects and it is posible to see your silde show with all screen sizes .

He is the author of "Corsica" where you can see slideshow insertions in others slide shows ; all his slide shows, each view, are done with this technique.

Excuse my bad english, but our friend is away for a few days ...

He is the webmaster of the french site Diapositif

The new version will have a special option - "Keep screen aspect ratio" (1,333 by default). So slide will looks equally on any display, as a picture of DVD movie.

That is a very good new but for now we have to create with the present version and Jean-Pierre's tutorial, as pin pointed in Dadou's message, is of very good value !

A certain problem (as I said in a old time to Jean Pierre) appears with the use of the large transparent gif (he speak about that in his demo): the display is a little more long; with a synchronised show (300ms between each picture), we have a serious problem with the gifs.

(I speak only about the "technical" aspect and not about the quality of this good tutorial).

We use also sometimes the button group and, for the moment, the inserted pictures as objects (and group center) can help to different screen displays. But we can also directly make the slide show in 1280, as you made or explain to see with a fixed display.

However, all this will be solved near the next version with the new engine, I think, and more with a 5.10 with the new editor of objects.

A certain problem (as I said in a old time to Jean Pierre) appears with the use of the large transparent gif (he speak about that in his demo): the display is a little more long;

Jean-Pierre is unfortunately absent for a few days and I have from far not his skill for mastering this problem.

My experience is limited and using Jean-Pierre's tutorial is for me very easy and of invaluable help !

However, all this will be solved near the next version with the new engine, I think, and more with a 5.10 with the new editor of objects.

Yes, yes, yes..

You are perhaps in posession of the new version but it's release date, as Igor said, for the basic user I am, is not fixed, so, in the interval, as I possess version 4.43, I use indirect ways, and Jean-Pierre's is the simpliest for me. :)

Richhaas asked: we have just answered with all the informations.

Igor gave the most of these informations for the new version here in this forum.

Igor is a magician :) and I wait with patience and full trust the new version for my next shows (three in work).

Thanks again to all the staff for the improvements.

Igor is a magician :)  and I wait with patience and full trust the new version for my next shows (three in work).

Thanks again to all the staff for the improvements.

Igor is of course a magician and his software is marvellous. That is not the question.

He needs time to improve PTE and that is absolutely understandable !

You trust the next version for your next shows. Perfect !

I cannot, unfortunately, wait as, I too, have some work underway, but as they are for professionnal purposes, waiting is not possible :(

In this condition, knowing all the improvements the new version will have is of no help !

I too congratulate everybody directly involved in this hard and fascinating job !

Have fun with PTE and good day :P

No problem, you are right, you can work: actually, we can make absolutely almost all with PTE.

I writed:

for the moment, the inserted pictures as objects (and group center) can help to different screen displays

But, for me, it's not perfect (resizing of the inserted pictures...) without a work also with PixBuilderStudio or other to prepare more "fresh" objects, by example. It's a great challenge to improve more this work.

I wait the next version for the announced more smooth effects, but, it's true, I don't use the objects for these slideshows (just for certain tutorials or for my family: humour's slideshow with buttons...). I prefer the Digital AV very "clear", but it's only me and I love particularly the work for the improvements of PTE.

To be happy with this software is essential.

Have also a nice day and good work.

I am very interested in the discussions in this post, particularly with reference to using the object editor. I have had some email discussions with Jean-Pierre Dollangere and have downloaded and looked at his tutorial which is exellent. However I still have a few problems with some of the location parameters and wonder if there is any tutorial or help information on using the object editor. For example, in Jean-Pierre's tutorial, it appears to show that clicking the "set position" arrows will move an object by one pixel, whereas it seems to move the object to the extremities of the screen.

jevans

I readed again your post: for your ask, the "set" position don't move an object by one pixel, but, in this case, set "one object of one pixel" to the extremities of the screen.

Please, try also that:

1) use an image (black pixel or white pixel by example) and disable "show image"

2) insert inside one picture as an object and set position to center

2) insert on or some objects in this picture and set the position with the arrows keys

3) select all your objects + your picture

4) group

But with a synchronized show, we have also another problem: we don't see in preview the picture with objects in the time line...

we don't see in preview the picture with objects in the time line...

Yes , it is the only problem now , but the JPD solution is the only way to correctly insert an object ....

And each one is abble to find a solution : change the image for a better identification on the timeline, and put the real one after sinchronisation...

Igor, we shall be very happy with the new motor ! :lol:

It's very easy with many pictures !...But it's your choice.

I'm busy with many work: I don't understand how you can see the objects inserted in the time line preview.

We asked that for the future...But if your tip show this: can you indicate us exactly how ?

PS: I use the method as said in the preview topic without problem and the button "Group" is a very usefull function.

I don't understand how you can see the objects inserted in the time line preview.

I said :

change the image for a better identification on the timeline

I have these views with inserted objects : A1,A2 , A3, A4 ,etc ...

On the time line,I see the same image .OK ?

If, before adding views on the timeline, I put a colored JPEG in place of the main picture (no change for the objects ), ( each four view for instance ), I'll see on the timeline different colors , the position of each view and I am abble to put the good view in the good place ...

And after, you have just to replace with a mouse click the original main picture ...

Very easy : more than to explain in my poor english !!!!

But, remember the 13th orders of the "frères capucins" : "they will do as far as posible". :lol:

Thanks for your answer. I understood perfectly this tip when I readed your post and I knowed it since an old time...It's a way, waiting better.

But in my post, I speaked about a different thing: I would see really the objects in the time line preview.

Igor has his "todo" list.

By the way, I'm working with a long slideshow and the synchronisation/effects/voice/sound is very difficult. If I had many, many pictures with objects, I would not have :D with this colors.

It's very interesting to present for all members exactly the tips.

Have a nice day and good work with objects B) .

PS-I forgot: I work very exactly with the preview (full also) to synchonize the slideshow and set the picture in the time line.

I want really to see the picture as is it.

By the way, I'm working with a long slideshow and the synchronisation/effects/voice/sound is very difficult. If I had many, many pictures with objects, I would not have  :D with this colors.

No problem... why no a jpeg with numbers or explicit text instead of colors ? :D:D:D:D:D

I work very exactly with the preview

I try too ...

I want really to see the picture as is it.

All we want this posibility .....

But we live the present time with the present tools ... And tomorrow, we shall see !!!!

And now, outside to do a few pics !!!

Have all a nice day ! ;)

If, before adding views on the timeline, I put a colored JPEG in place of the main picture (no change for the objects ), ( each three view for instance ), I'll see on the timeline different colors 

You see different colors on the time line if I perfectly understood: you synchronize only after after having replaced the colored pictures ?

Me, I prefer to work directly in one step, exactly with the true pictures (and view immediately the preview) for have a perfect synchronization with the waveform.

Bye, bye.

Me, I prefer to work directly in one step, exactly with the true pictures (and view immediately the preview) for have a perfect synchronization with the waveform.

..... we all too ... but PTE's version 4.43 doesn't allow it, so we have to find some tricks and colored jpeg is a very clever one !