WnSoft Forums

Indication of Files Added To Show

Before the demise of Proshow this was the software I used. I have to say PTE AV Studio Pro far exceeds the capabilities of Ptroshow, however there was one very useful feature. In the file list an icon appeared on the file thumbnail showing the number of times that image had been added to the timeline. This was very useful to ensure that no files had been missed or duplicated. Would it be possible to add a similar feature to PTE AV Studio. The attached image demonstrates this. 

Image 1.png

PTE already highlights files (marks the filename in Bold) added in the Slide List but only shows that it has been addded & not how many times.
Also if you add Slides via O&A then they are not highlighted.

One way of knowing exactly what you have used - Slide/Video/Sound - is to create a Template from the Show.
This will create a Folder with all of the files and it is easy to check what has been used.

But again it wouldn't show if a file had been used more than once.

If I remember correctly from the very brief look I had at Proshow many years ago, you had to add all of your files to the Program first before you could use them. This is not neccessary with PTE & files can come from anywhere.

Personally I very rarely if ever look at what has been used as I look at the result rather than the individual files.
But an audience will spot if an image is repeated within a show if not used for a very good reason.

Jill

Thanks Jill, i hadn't noticed the change in the file name but, as you say, it doesn't show duplicates or files added via O&A. I definitely think PTE is far superior to Proshow. You can certainly acheive a lot more & it's getting better all the time thanks to Igor & his team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoffoote said:

i hadn't noticed the change in the file name

It's not as visible in Dark Mode, in Light Mode it shows up a lot better

56 minutes ago, davegee said:

manually assigned Main Object

That doesn't help that much as you can only have one Main Object 1 ?

Jill

14 hours ago, jkb said:

That doesn't help that much as you can only have one Main Object 1 ?

Jill

I agree, but it illustrates the fact that the highlighting of the file name is dependent on the Main Object status. Also, if you add images to blank slides it can be of use e.g. Blank slides with text.

To say that you cannot highlight images added in O&A is not strictly correct and needs qualifying.

No big deal.

DG

• Like 1