WnSoft Forums

Randomise Parameters Feature?

As a musician I use a lot of music software. It is quite common to have a "randomise parameters" feature within software plugins that allow for ...well, random setting of parameters. This is useful if the parameters number 100+ etc. The inclusion of chance allows for the possibility of accidentally stumbling on a setting that can produce interest and stimulate creativity. 

I wonder if @Igor you have ever considered this as an option within PTE?

you can & always have been able to randomise Transitions.

In Project Options, Transitions Tab, if you tick all of teh different Transitions then they will be randomised throughout the sequence.

Not what most people want as each 2 Slide combination needs it's own Transition & timing to give the best effect.

Also each time it will be different & you can't save the 'randomised' settings.

Jill

20 hours ago, jkb said:

you can & always have been able to randomise Transitions.

In Project Options, Transitions Tab, if you tick all of teh different Transitions then they will be randomised throughout the sequence.

Not what most people want as each 2 Slide combination needs it's own Transition & timing to give the best effect.

Also each time it will be different & you can't save the 'randomised' settings.

Jill

Hi Jill, thank you for your reply. I was kind of suggesting a slightly more radical idea - randomisation of every setting! With an option to deselect those parameters that you want to stay firmly under control. I am a fan of accidental discovery, which can result in beauty or total chaos (!). But sometimes when an accidental collection of settings produces something useful then the goal is to learn how it happened, reverse-engineer it, then be able to recreate it. I find that with computer-based creativity there is sometimes a pattern of tending to use the most common options/settings. It may be the most creative setting is buried 3  or 4 clicks down and gets missed. 

Oddly, I tend to use very few transitions per se, using my own methods instead.