WnSoft Forums

Performance of the transition effect choice in v11 [SOLVED]

Paiche59

I notice a difference in performance between version 10 and 11 regarding the choice of a transition effect. The response time is significantly  superior (by a ratio of 4 times higher) in version 11/Windows 10 version 20H2. This response time is felt when opening the window for choosing a transition effect and also when clicking on the OK button to validate the choice of transition effect. I have many custom transition effects, but they are just as numerous in V10.

Pascal.

Hi Pascal,

When the storage has many custom transitions (especially have transitions with many variants and embedded resources). Slide Options window may appear longer time.

It should be the same in V10.X and the new 11.0.

Probably you assigned different folders to store transitions for V10 and V11 ?

Now we're trying to optimize loading of transitions from the storage. Probably it will be done for V11.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 10:46 AM, Paiche59 said:

I notice a difference in performance between version 10 and 11 regarding the choice of a transition effect. The response time is significantly  superior (by a ratio of 4 times higher) in version 11/Windows 10 version 20H2. This response time is felt when opening the window for choosing a transition effect and also when clicking on the OK button to validate the choice of transition effect. I have many custom transition effects, but they are just as numerous in V10.

Pascal.

Hi Pascal,

We optimized PTE AV Studio to work faster when the storage include many heavy transitions. 

Slide Options and Project Options should appear much faster.

Can you try a new test versin? It's 11.0.4 Build 2:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe

Hello Igor and thank you for taking this performance issue into account.

There is no doubt that PTE AV Studio optimization produces good performance results when choosing a transition.

However, I found another problem when the transitions use an external resource (like a png, jpg, or video file): The path for these files is no longer recognized. I imported the transition again and everything is fine.

The difference between before and after the import seems to be in the file path definition. For example:
Before : %store%\Transitions\{43687125-cbc7-4990-a75d-8a85291c6cdd}\pat004.png
After : D:\Pascal\Documents\PicturesToExe\Styles and Transitions\Transitions\{43687125-cbc7-4990-a75d-8a85291c6cdd}\pat004.png

I specify that my folder for custom slides and transitions is : D:\Pascal\Documents\PicturesToExe\Styles and Transitions\

Best regards,

Pascal.

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for checking.

Since version 11.0, the editor of custom transitions shows absolute paths to external files (images). However when you finish editing, the updated transition will contain relative file paths. You can check it in the exported transition (.pteeff file) or in the global storage.

You'll see something like this:

ImageName=%store%\Transitions\{34b38068-c94c-4e96-9d52-a8526ce617d9}\Picture.jpg

Or you discovered some problem with external images? Lost images in a transition?

Hello Igor,

This is a very strange behavior, transitions with an external file (jpg, png, etc.) does not work properly. An "image not found" message appears instead of external file.

Even after importing a transition, everything seems to work but when importing other transitions, the initial imported transition does not work anymore.

Pascal.

Hello Igor and sorry for the late reply, I was away on business this Friday.

I renamed the transitions directory to old and re-launched PTE v11.0.4 Build 2. The Transitions directory was created without content. I reloaded my CT by successive imports. Everything now seems to be back in order, with an excellent performance when choosing a transition.

Thanks for this evolution and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Pascal.

• Igor changed the title to Performance of the transition effect choice in v11 [SOLVED]