WnSoft Forums

Merge slideshow

Francis

Hi Francis! Welcome!

First of all, don't worry about your English... Mine is worse!

As to merging two or more EXE files, it's impossible for now. It could be possible by manually modifying *.pte files, but it is a very delicate job.

If to "chain" automatically several presentations is enough for you, you can utilize the AutolinkPlus v2, a veru interesting utility created by Nobeefstu, a member of this forum. You can find it in Beechbrook site, 3rd or 4th page. It allows to start a presentation automatically at the end of another, without pressing any button.

Hello Francis,

I have successfully used a technique different from what guru has suggested. I create several small exe's that are easily manageable. I assemble the small exe's into what I call subroutines, or what guru calls chaining by creating an opening and closeing slide that allows the viewer to choose which of the smaller exe's (subroutines) they want to view.

My last project consisted 9 exe's, the largest of which was about 10 minutes. I think that this is a reasonable attention span for average subjects. They were logically assembled (chained) as shown on:

http://www.pbase.com/image/13407511.jpg

One minor problem involves the use of synching & objects on the last slide. Igor has indicated that he will improve on next PTE version. If your interested see:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...ct=ST&f=2&t=337

PTE is a great piece of software, that only gets better. Good luck to you on your first PTE presentation. I'm sure you and your viewers will enjoy your work.

By the way, your English is good!

Cheers,

Jim

"The Weminuche Wilderness Area is, without a doubt, one of the most spectacular places on earth. It contains some of the most rugged and majestic peaks in the continental United States. The Weminuche encompasses nearly 460,000 acres. The average elevation of the Weminuche is over 10,000 feet, with snowy peaks topping 14,000 feet. Much of the area is above timberline" (etc.).

(see http://www.silverton.org/weminuche.html )

Thank you Guido. I guess that says something about the internet world when my buddy in far-off Italy has to tell me about my next-door neighbor! :) Although the name looked "indian", I truly had never heard the name. I will now have to make note of the area in my PDA to-do list. But as my PDA can also keep track of priorities, I will keep Italy ranked above it.

Thanks Mike,

It is indeed a small world....my daughter moved to Durango last month. She will be working for Outward Bound (COBS) as an intern/leader. I understand a lot of the Durango folk were at one time or another associated with COBS.

Great town. My highlight on visiting Durango was Carver's & Wildeness Experience.

Cheers,

Jim