WnSoft Forums

NEW P2E Invision Power Board v2.1.1 © 2005 IPS, Inc.

Ken Cox

Rather than inserting Invision Power Board v2.1.1 problems helter skelter in other threads

i suggest we enter them here then Igor can easily sort them out with Invision Power Board v2.1.1 © 2005 IPS, Inc.

Ron West is having a continuing problem getting his web site url to work

so he can try different styles in this thread

if we enter all our board problems here they will not get lost and others may have the answer and we can all learn

worth a try

ken B)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken, there is already a 'Pinned' thread started by Igor. Won't this new thread of yours duplicate that?

Thanks to the advice I received from Ken, my web site URL is now working fine.

I am also pleased to see that the problems with this new Forum update are being sorted out. The whole thing is beginning to look a whole lot more professional!

well Igor pinned a thread that said he was updating the forum

but people are posting questions as to when the next version of pte is coming as tho their life depended on it so the pinned thread is screwed up already :rolleyes:

Igor has likely lost a week working on the new version trying to get the problems with the board sorted out and they are not all sorted out yet -- imagine being a dedicted person working 5 hours ahead of some guys 4000 miles away

ken

Guest Techman1

Ken,

Based on Igor latest message in that other thread it appears that everything is up and working. I agree that it is nice to have a thread specifically addressing any NEW programs with the forum here.

Are there any now that anyone knows of? :blink:

Thanks to all,

Fred

Okay, I'll answer my own question!

(1) Adding a Smilie seems to only add it at the end of your message. Previously, I could type my message and then go back and click where I wanted a Smilie added. Now it only adds it to the very end and I have to "cut & paste" it back to where I want it.

Any other issues still?

Adding a Smilie seems to only add it at the end of your message.

Fred,

I have no problem adding a :) wherever I want it. B)

Any other issues still?

However, the automatic "quote" system doesn't seem to be working properly.

i notice that the quotes are not appearing they way they used to

example

Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 215

... there is at least 30 seconds clear between.

Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 215

... there is at least 30 seconds clear between.

ken

For some reason, when all the changes took place, I was asked for my user name and password to enter the forum and, of course, I had forgotten my password.

In spite of Igor taking a personal interest I have been unable to recover my original account, so daveg is now davegee.

It is not worth pursuing this as it will take up valuable time which could be better spent on other things.

davegee

Guest Techman1

Fred,

I have no problem adding a :) wherever I want it. B)

However, the automatic "quote" system doesn't seem to be working properly.

I wanted to try the Smilie additions again. I'll see if they work the way they did previously.

Thanks for replying.

Fred :D

:blink: Nope! They still go to the end of each message. Not sure why that is?!?!?!

And based on my QUOTE above, it does look like that is a problem also for me. :(

It all seems to be working for me now after a few stumbles..all the boards I visit seem to be updating their software and I don't think any of them has come out of the gate correctly at first, even the boards that deal in web-site design issues have some issues! Looks good now. Jim.

EDIT..by the look of this posting, when it appears on the board, I should manually remove the "font' info myself before posting? I blithely assumed that it would be taken out automatically...assuming can be tricky. (Or is it in fact a small glitch?)

nice wheels jimbo:)

ken

You can now upload avatars.

Also I just sent new request to Invision about problem with forum codes, quotes.

Igor are you going to allow member's pictures to be put in their profile as well

will we be able to upload avatars and picts direct from our computer

or are still going to have to upload to somebody's web page?

ken

DITTO Ralph and Ken

After all of your hard work on my behalf a couple of days ago. Thanks again anyway and thanks to Igor also for making it so much easier.

Ron [uK]

Losing your thread......

the default seems to be that only "today's" posts are shown on the front screen. If you scroll down there is a dropdown menu for selecting other time periods, but it seems to default back to "today".

Ian

I have uploaded the avatar and ny picture from my computer now.

ken

Ken,

Did the Sens' win last night over the Leafs have anything to do with your decision to change your avatar? :D

Losing your thread......

the default seems to be that only "today's" posts are shown on the front screen. If you scroll down there is a dropdown menu for selecting other time periods, but it seems to default back to "today".

Ian

Thanks, Ian - that solved it (at least temporarily). :)

Now if we could just get these quotes working properly! They seem to work in some other threads. (see "PTE Presentatons" section)

This post was really confusing - I first replied to Ken, posted the reply, and then thought I was posting a new message in reply to Ian. But for some reason, the two messages ended up being combined. ???

It's nice to get the quotes working - wonder what the huge set of parentheses on the top right-hand side are there for. :unsure:

Igor,

Are you out in Alberta somewhere right now?

You replied only a few minutes before I did, and your time is stamped 2 hours after mine. I thought it should be the other way around.

I haven't set the option to use local time - if that were true, my time would show as 7:04 PM. But it shows up as 11:04 PM - not even GMT.

Also, when I reply to two different posts, my two replies are still combined as one.

Ken,

Thanks for the tip re the outline - that makes it much easier to sort things out.

When sending a Private Message or a reply to a Private Message it is a bit confusing as there seems to be no way to be sure the message has been really sent .... and oppened by the recipient !

There is "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" but this is only a copy.

Sorry if this problem has been already discussed (I did not find trace of it).

It's nice to get the quotes working - wonder what the huge set of parentheses on the top right-hand side are there for. :unsure:

Igor,

Are you out in Alberta somewhere right now?

You replied only a few minutes before I did, and your time is stamped 2 hours after mine. I thought it should be the other way around.

I haven't set the option to use local time - if that were true, my time would show as 7:04 PM. But it shows up as 11:04 PM - not even GMT.

Also, when I reply to two different posts, my two replies are still combined as one.

Ken,

Thanks for the tip re the outline - that makes it much easier to sort things out.

Al

but i wanted to quote one line but it looks like it is going to quote your whole message

and one has to decide to the thread in general or the particular entry -- this what i wanted to quote below -- we shall overcome these little things:)

btw your pic disappeared

ken

Ken,

Thanks for the tip re the outline - that makes it much easier to sort things out

but i wanted to quote one line but it looks like it is going to quote your whole message

I think you have to play around with the html and delete what you don't want (this will be a test).

.............looks like it worked ok! It would be a good idea to strip off the blank line between the quote and the reply to save space, though.

btw your pic disappeared

ken

What do you mean? I can still see it! :)