WnSoft Forums

Title of 'Adjust Time Range'

Greetings,

I suggest that the title of 'Adjust Time Range' should be changed or modified. When you click on 'Adjust Time Range', you get a window named 'Trim Video'. Seems that the 'Adjust Time Range' title should match what you get, 'Trim Video'. And it really makes more sense. It took me a long time to realize that that is the best place to actually trim video clips (especially when making MP4s-trimmed portions don't get added to the Published file's size). Never understood what 'Adjust Time Range' really meant as opposed to 'Trim...'.

Trim.jpg.56fa3e3abcc6291c523fed2ecffcdc55.jpg

Gary

Hi Gary

I think the trim video is there because you could be selecting a number of clips from the same master clip. Adjust time range is more singular.

BTW the GoPro arrived today & after a couple of hours playing around with it, it's on its way back. It's just too much for my 83 year old brain fingers & eyes.

Rosy.

28 minutes ago, rosy said:

Hi Gary

I think the trim video is there because you could be selecting a number of clips from the same master clip. Adjust time range is more singular.

BTW the GoPro arrived today & after a couple of hours playing around with it, it's on its way back. It's just too much for my 83 year old brain fingers & eyes.

Rosy.

Rosy...as far as the GoPro goes, all you have to do is set some setting and then just put the button. There are tons of YouTube videos to help with the settings. It's not that difficult...I'm 75...:D. Give it a chance. I put it as one of the settings and just go with it for all my videos.

Here's a beginners guide that should help. My settings are the following. Nothing fancy...

Res/FPS:1080/60

Lens: Linear+Lock

HyperSmooth: AutoBoost

Scheduled Capture: Off

Duration: NoLimit

HindSight: Off

Timer: Off

Zoom: 1.0x

PROTUNE-

10-Bit: na

Bit Rate: High

Shutter: Auto

EV Comp: 0

White Balance: Auto

ISO Min: Auto

ISO Max: Auto

Media Mod: blank

Most are not even used or left at default.

Not sure what you mean about master clip....?

Gary

• goddi changed the title to Title of 'Adjust Time Range'

Hi Gary

I went through about 15 guides on YT on the 11 before ordering, as well as the Volta. My eyes just couldn't see the fine detail text & I was making mistakes setting it up, then having to find how to correct them. I was a different person at 75, since then my heart failue has become more acute, so I decided to keep my Panasonic vlogger & grip. Another thing I'd miss with the GP is the Panny's zoom lens, it doesn't zoom much but it's there.

Cheers Rosy.

Greetings Rosy,

Yea, setting it up can be a bit of a chore at first. If I were closer, I'd put in the settings and all you'd have to do is press the button to start and stop the camera. Too bad because once it is set up, it is a piece of cake to take video. You don't have to get into a lot of the fancier things it can do. Best of luck...Gary

On 6/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, goddi said:

Greetings Rosy,

Yea, setting it up can be a bit of a chore at first. If I were closer, I'd put in the settings and all you'd have to do is press the button to start and stop the camera. Too bad because once it is set up, it is a piece of cake to take video. You don't have to get into a lot of the fancier things it can do. Best of luck...Gary

Hi Gary

The camera has gone back. Took one piece of video 55secs & stretched it into a show. It's hidden on the forum in the new equipment section. You may not have seen it?

The link to YT is Gopro Gone Thanks for trying.

Rosy.

Greetings Rosy,

This is too late but I had totally forgot about the ability to set up and control your GP11 using your Android or iOS phone, with the Quik app.

Here is a link for Android:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ifL0u4_S4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvWMoaePf8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsdTGfWyzmE

If you can get through pairing the GP to your phone, you can make the settings and change the settings right on your phone. Easier to see and find the settings. If you change your mind....?

Gary

Hi Gary

I have more problems with my smart phone, similar to the GP. Came to SP late 2019 & never really caught up. I keep mine clear of clutter & just use it for calls & texts. Calls are a pain as I wear 2 hearing aids. Also get lots of electronic feedback on them as I also wear spectacles. You're fighting a losing battle with me I'm afraid.

Rosy

PS Pinball Wizard is my theme song, almost.