WnSoft Forums

Setupstream

Ronniebootwest

Hello everybody,

I have been reading quite a bit about a freeware program called 'SETUPSTREAM' and am now wanting to know a little bit more about it. For example, what does it do and how will it help PTE users. I might sound a little glib here and I apologise for that; but I know that a few members of this forum use this program and I am keen to hear from those members about just how they use it.

Ron

Hello everybody,

I have been reading quite a bit about a freeware program called 'SETUPSTREAM' and am now wanting to know a little bit more about it. For example, what does it do and how will it help PTE users. I might sound a little glib here and I apologise for that; but I know that a few members of this forum use this program and I am keen to hear from those members about just how they use it.

Ron

AUTO-INSTALLER PROGRAMS

Hi Ronnie,

'SetupStream' and like programs are:- 'Program Auto-Installers' example explained here as follows:-

1)

You create a Root Folder on your Hard Drive, call it Ronnie.

2)

Into that you place a PTE.Exe Show, plus a 'Splash Screen', plus Copyright EULA (if you use them) plus Web Address and anything else you want to install on a PC. You assign a 'Recipient Loading Folder' such as My Documents or My Desktop etc,etc.

3)

Open the 'SetuStream Program' ~ it asks you for all these items, simply click on them, thats it.

4)

It then 'Packages & Bundles' all the selected items into a self-installing Program much like a Microsoft Programs or any other Professional Program you download.

5)

Put the 'Bundle' on a CD-Disc OR just send it over the Wires to a recipient OR link it to your Web Site.

6)

When the recipient 'Clicks on it' ~ it automatically downloads it's contents to the designated PC.Folder and then offers to 'Run' the Program as well as installing the Program Icon on the desktop and Start Menu.

7)

Simply 'Click-on' the Icon and the Program runs automatically. It also has an 'Uninstaller'

What are the Advantages ?

a) A very Professional Presentation with a Professional Downloader Screen.

B) No 'Fiddling around' with writing Autorun Code nor making acceptable PC.Icons.

c) Being Professional Packaged there is less risk of Program corruption.

d) Finds the 'Target Folder' on the remote PC and loads the Program Folder into it.

e) Produces the necessary Desktop Icon and Start Menu Entry in the Start Program List.

f) Displays a 'Help File' and a 'EULA' (End user Licence Agreement) ~ you make up these.

g) Comes complete with an 'Uninstaller' should you wish to 'Uninstall'

h) Virtually 'idiot-proof' because it removes the 'doubt-decision factor' of the PC.User

Hope this description answers your questions,

Brian.Conflow.

P.S

It also eliminates the problem's of 'Live Webshows' as the recipient now has the Exe.Package

faster than they can view the 'Live Webshow'.

Am I missing something here? Why not simply burn the PTE.exe show to a CD and run the show from there!

Brian, can you send me a sample something so I can see what you mean and what it all looks like?

Ron

Thank you Ronnie for asking - and Brian for answering. When ever I convey a PTE show to someone, I must consider my options for making the show most easily accessable to the expected viewers. So far I seem to have to customize the conveyance every time. I have not yet used an "installer" of this kind. I have used a couple of Granot's (boxig) utilities successfully. Your description Brian suggests an option I might should explore.

Am I missing something here? Why not simply burn the PTE.exe show to a CD and run the show from there!

Brian, can you send me a sample something so I can see what you mean and what it all looks like?

Ron

Ronnie,

I have just sent that "Demo" to you ~ yes,you are missing something ~ "demo" will show all.

Brian.Conflow.

EMail: conflow@eircom.net

Thank you Ronnie for asking - and Brian for answering. When ever I convey a PTE show to someone, I must consider my options for making the show most easily accessable to the expected viewers. So far I seem to have to customize the conveyance every time. I have not yet used an "installer" of this kind. I have used a couple of Granot's (boxig) utilities successfully. Your description Brian suggests an option I might should explore.

If you send me an EMail Address I can forward a 'Demonstration' to you ~

Brian.Conflow.

Ronnie,

I have just sent that "Demo" to you ~ yes,you are missing something ~ "demo" will show all.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian.Conflow.

Yes please, Brian

Ronnie,

Brian.Conflow.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian the demo is excellent and something that I will definitely want to use. Which 'auto Installer' did you use to produce this demo please?

Thank you for spending the time to answer my questions, I am sure that other members will benefit from this thread.

Ron

LUMENLUX

My 'Netsource Server' rejected the EMail Client you sent to me.ie:- xxx@do-some-good.com It appears to be a 'Public Domain EMail Client' ~ These usually reject everything except plain Text~

Please send me (Off Forum) a 'Subscription ISP, EMail Address' and I can forward the Demo requested ~

Regards,

Brian.Conflow.

conflow@eircom.net