WnSoft Forums

ver. 5 beta news?

tom95521

I too would be willing to help test.

In case anyone is not following the news about Studio 10, take a peek over on that discussion forum to see what lack of beta testing can achieve... I suspect that right after Christmas, a lot of people will be looking to switch to a different product. I've given up on it and will be switching back to PTE. Hopefully a usable 5/5 beta will be available in time for a present I've promised someone.

Igor, you have a real opportunity here to get new market share!

For example, if v4.30 or v4.40 required to write 300 pages of the new code. For this new v5.00 we already wrote about 1000 pages of very difficult code. I understand it's terrible to wait so long, but I hope that the result will cover and justify all waiting.

Open beta-testing will be long, don't worry about it. I think at least during 6 weeks.

Take all the time you need, Igor! We've all run into poorly-alpha-tested products in beta-testing and later, and life is too short for everyone. Version 4.4 is a wonderful product, and I for one am quite happy to wait as long as necessary (or longer) for pan and zoom -- I've yet to see an example of that effect that I found remotely compelling enough for me to want it for myself. No doubt my view will change once I have it and try it out, but for now I think the world of AV needs fewer "glitzy" gimmicks in its AV shows, not more. If I ever see another AV show where someone clearly is trying out every trick in the book just because it's there, I think I'll scream. :ph34r: