WnSoft Forums

New User / Trial - Photographs are being cropped into 16:9 aspect ratio (Project Options) - is there a way to adjust the cropping ?

Aidan

H all.

This looks like some great AV software - very little of the overly glitzy stuff, and it looks like good professional looking output  judging by some of the samples.

I'm just trying it out - my first attempt crops the photos into 16:9 aspect ratio which I see from the help page is defined in Project Options https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/9.0/project_settings_1/project

I understand I can change it to 3:2 to suit the APS-C sensor I have. However, if I leave it optimised for 16:9 TV screen - is there a way that I can at least choose the position of the slide & hence the cropping that happens ? Some images used will be portrait 2:3 , so I definitely don't want those to be automatically cropped.

best regards & thanks, 

Aidan.

If you click on an image (Slide) in the Slide List & then click Objects & Animation you can adjust the size & position of the image.

You will see in the preview window that the image has grab handles around it.
Just drag these with your mouse to get the appearance you want.

If you are enlarging the image it is best to make sure it has enough pixels to do this, but PTE does a brilliant job of displaying them whatever size.

It is an excellent piece of software, very simple to use but also extremely powerful once you get to grips with it.

Enjoy

Jill

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I am having the same issue. My photos with portrait orientation look fine in the slide view and the properties and animation tab, but when I apply a style or theme, the photos have either the top or bottom cropped off.  I am not able to find the Fit and Cover options that davegee referred to.

Thanks,

Mike

I just located the Fit/Cover drop down. The slide is set to Fit. When I change it to Cover it makes the image larger.  Not sure how to make a particular portrait-oriented slide show completely with a style or theme applied. I am fine with black bars on the sides.

Thanks,

Mike

It depends on the Style. The FIT parameter must be included in the Style. You can apply the desired Style, change the Fit parameter and re-save the Style under a different name or create your own Style. What Style are you trying to use??

DG

Example - here is a Style which uses 2:3 upright images, adds a border and zooms to 115%

Upright slight zoom.ptestyle