WnSoft Forums

The "Proms" From My Sofa.

rosy

Every year we try to watch the Proms. For those who don't know what the Proms are, they are a series of concerts held at The Royal Albert Hall from July to the end of summer.

This year, for various reasons we hadn;t seen any. So Saturday night I was determined to watch the Last Night of the Proms on TV from my sofa. Unfortunately I left the flash on on my Smart phone, so most of the stills has a flash flare. If that's putting you off, you can always listen to the music.

Message for Gary, all this is copyright material, YT flagged it but their message is below.

The Proms from my Sofa

copyright.jpg

Greetings Rosy,

YouTube seems to be more forgiving for a 'Content ID claim'. Facebook, not so much. I recently tried posting a show and FB actually muted multiple portions of my show. I had to change the music. Sometimes FB just say:

image.png.cb286eb893cfd7ce328e1db101995fa1.png

I'm not even sure what this actually means or results in where it is muted. Now I just go ahead and post it on FB and where it gets muted, I just don't know. Maybe it is just an automatic reflex that FB uses, whether it really is copyrighted or not.

Always a challenge. Now, when I start a project, I put in the music I want to use and a few slides and throw it up on FB (as Private) just to see what they say. Saves me hours later having to re-do any added music.

Gary

• Like 1

I have used live cover performances of well-known songs from the 70's and 80's by a covers band as music supporting a drone clip of people dancing to it at a club. Both YT and FB passed it without any issues.

• Thanks 1

Greetings Digartal,

Maybe you get away with it because they are 'cover' performances. I think YT and FB evaluate music using the beat of the song and maybe other factors that can get altered in a cover performance. But who really know what the heck is going on. I had on music piece dinged by YouTube when I know it came from a non-copyrighted source. I recently tried to use it again and it passed. It's pot luck!:blink:

Gary

• Thanks 1