WnSoft Forums

The Shape of Colour

Kieron

On my first visit to a camera club in February 1974, I saw a twin projector AV show and felt right from then that this was the way to present images. That hasn’t changed for almost 50 years and you learn a few skills in that time. For me though the emphasis is always on the images. 

Thank you for you kind words.

• Like 1

My interest in photography did not begin till 1988 at the time of the Expo in Brisbane. After that, I joined a local camera club in Brisbane and became interested in AV's. I can remember sitting with an old friend at his house and making AVs with slides and adding pulses to an accompanying tape well into the early hours of the morning. Barry used to write articles and tutorials for a UK magazine before moving down under. The magazines were ordered each month from the newsagent and collected as soon as they came in.

The advent of digital was a boom to AVs and they became easier to make and save and had many more features - transitions, styles, effects, etc. Our club ran the Metropolitan Audio Visual Club competition for one year. It was conducted on a rotational basis with other clubs and some used Picture to Exe while others used different software (no longer available). At the time I was assisting the projectionist. We had to bring a desktop PC in for the judging/presentation as our laptop was unable to run the PTE EXE application. In one of the Metropolitan Audio Visual Competition in Brisbane (another old friend Bill Smit) was the judge. His comments about my AV stuck in my mind "Just because there are over 100 transitions in the software, you don't have to use them in your show". The advent of digital video affected AVs for a while but then people started to incorporate still and video images.

It is also a testament to Igor and his team that PTE continues to grow and prosper all these many years later. 

Thank you Barry and Igor for your stamina and dedication over the years.

• Like 1