WnSoft Forums

Suggestion for 5.0 Release

Lin Evans

One of the features of ProShow Gold which is very useful is to be able to pause the executable while in process by pressing the "Pause" key on the keyboard. This effectively stops both the presentation of the slide image and sound. Pressing the Pause key another time resumes the show and background sound from the exact place it ended when the Pause key was pressed.

This feature allows someone who is presenting a slideshow to stop and start without begining the show all over. Obviously with PicturesToExe we can make a manual show - something which ProShow Gold can't do. We can start, stop, reverse, etc., the manual show but we have no way of stopping an auto-advance slideshow mid-stream and resuming. This could be a very nice improvement if it could be implemented.

Lin

Lin you can do that now if you enable the nav bar- permit control of show

just tried it on a synced show and the pause /break key stops the show+the sound

i always enable nav bar and mouse -- dont believe in taking control away from system owner

but i had never tried the pause/break key -- thx for mentioning it

ken

Lin,

I agree with you on this - it is so frustrating to be called away from watching a show and not be able to pause it so you don't have to start all over again from the beginning. There should be some universal command that would handle this for every show. Or, at least make it the default situation which a maker could over-ride if he or she wished to, for some reason.

Lin you can do that now if you enable the nav bar- permit control of show

just tried it on a synced show and the pause /break key stops the show+the sound

i always enable nav bar and mouse -- dont believe in taking control away from system owner

but i had never tried the pause/break key -- thx for mentioning it

ken

Thanks Ken,

It does indeed! My mistake. Thanks for the reminder. I had not tried it without the navigation bar being displayed but the Pause key does stop and resume the show when the "permit control of show" is checked.

It works slightly differently than with ProShow Gold in that any transition effect in operation will continue until the slide coming into display has appeared where in ProShow Gold the transition effect is also paused, but the important thing is that there is indeed a way to pause and resume without having to have the navigation bar visible.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor,

Would it be possible in version 5 to make "permit the control of show" the default mode, and give the maker the option to switch it off if desired? Then more shows would permit pausing.

Or, even better, provide the capability to pause all shows, whether the maker "permitted control of show" or not?

Guest Techman1

Actually, I want the ability to turn that off. In a commercial sense, I show photographs in a slideshow that plays to music, then I have PTE run a manual slide show with watermarks on the images. If clients are able to pause the first slideshow then they can more easily take snapshots of my images without the watermarks on them. I don't like to put watermarks on the first slideshow as I want it to be truly a show they can enjoy.

I'm hoping Igor will make this an option that can be turned on/off by the creator of the slideshow. I don't mind if the the control is turned on by default though.

Thanks Igor for always listening to your clients.

Happy Holidays!

Fred

Actually, I want the ability to turn that off. In a commercial sense, I show photographs in a slideshow that plays to music, then I have PTE run a manual slide show with watermarks on the images. If clients are able to pause the first slideshow then they can more easily take snapshots of my images without the watermarks on them. I don't like to put watermarks on the first slideshow as I want it to be truly a show they can enjoy.

I'm hoping Igor will make this an option that can be turned on/off by the creator of the slideshow. I don't mind if the the control is turned on by default though.

Thanks Igor for always listening to your clients.

Happy Holidays!

Fred

I have to agree with Fred on this. Please let us - the creators - control what the user can and can't do with the shows we create. Also, in keeping with UI standards, you wouldn't want to write a program that said: "Save changes? Yes/No" and ALWAYS save the changes, would you?

I have to agree with Al on this one

as i have stated many times i do feel it is proper to take control of somebody else's system, besides i want to study the scenes/your handiwork.One would not go thru an art gallery in 5 mins.

the more we ask for changes the more we divert Igor's attention from the task at hand - to give us ver 5.0 this week

ken