WnSoft Forums

Volume Setting

goddi

Greetings,

I have some background sounds that I have separated from the video so that I can reduce their volume levels. I want to reduce each video clip that has its background sound to about 18%.

First, is there a way to type in the % that I want to use? It can be difficult to move the mouse to put it at an exact %.

Second, I thought I could make this adjustment using the Audio window. However, even though I have dragged down the audio level to 18%, the Volume (%) still shows 100%. I expected to see the Volume (%) to show the 18% that I have already set when I dragged down the audio line. However, that does not seem to work like that. Seems that I have to keep the audio level at 100% and then change the Volume (%) to the 18%. But, the audio level line does not reflect the new reduced level, it stays at 100%.

Am I missing something? Seems that the Volume (%) and the audio level line should be sync'd so if you change one it will be reflected in the other, and visa versa. Should it?

Gary

PTEVolume.thumb.jpg.8047b78e48be91a39a3a5f57045d307c.jpg

Gary, what you are observing is correct - you are not missing anything.

There is no way to type in a % - would make it so much easier if you could.

The Volume Line is NOT reflected in Audio Tab or Vice Versa

In the Studio version of PTE there is no volume Line & the only way to adjust a clip is in Audio Tab

Jill

Yes it would help if we could enter a value. But some work in Percentage and others in Decibels.

Also the volume value in Audio Tab is the overall volume level. You could still have key points on the volume line at several points to adust individual parts.

Not something that coul easily be programmed to make them reflect each other.

Jill