WnSoft Forums

O&A - Insert template

aplman

While debugging a new show, or refining enhancements to an old show, I appreciate the ability to show on screen the Slide Index of the current slide.  The value of the Slide Index would be even greater if I could also show the name of the current PTE file.  Sometimes I use a slide in several different PTE files, and the Slide Index can be different in each case.

Members who love PTE for its versatility with EXE files should support this suggestion.  Thank you all, and Thank You Igor.

Surely you know the name of the current pte file as you will have opened it to review your show?

It shows at the top left of the PTE main window.

Again if you are running an exe then you must have clicked on that exe to run it.

Jill

10 hours ago, aplman said:

While debugging a new show, or refining enhancements to an old show, I appreciate the ability to show on screen the Slide Index of the current slide.  The value of the Slide Index would be even greater if I could also show the name of the current PTE file.  Sometimes I use a slide in several different PTE files, and the Slide Index can be different in each case.

Members who love PTE for its versatility with EXE files should support this suggestion.  Thank you all, and Thank You Igor.

You already can.

Recommended methodology in PTE is to accumulate all assets for a show in a single folder with the Folder's name being that of the Show.

Add a Text Template - "Folder Name"

DG

This is just an example - placement and size would be your choice.

Untitled-2.jpg.aa6b482f4210d99a607b93e8ef22b392.jpg

OR

Untitled-1.jpg.e13097237c6b4ff02a0d245e29939f5a.jpg

Thanks to those who have tried to help me.   I fear I have been too economical with my words as I have been labouring under several difficulties and trying to keep my posts brief.

My shows are presented using EXE files.  I start from a top-level exe file, which offers my audience a choice of tours, e.g. Peru 2010, Iceland 2014, South America 2015, and so on.  As the presenter, I click on the requested option.  This takes us deeper into more menu slides as more detailed opportunities are offered.  This can provide for short, medium or long shows.  Choices are made by clicking on buttons, images, or text items.

Each click activates an EXE file.  Each EXE file has a corresponding PTE file.  Each EXE file is in the same folder as its PTE file. 

The can be some overlap between shows - for example, I might choose a sequence from Peru 1997 to use in South America 2015, but with variations in captions, music, or animations.  Obviously different PTE files are needed.

The Folder Name and Folder Path items insertable in O&A refer (I believe) to the folder containing the main image of a slide, not the folder containing the PTE or EXE file.

Hence my suggestion.  I hope Igor sees this, and feels sympathetic.