WnSoft Forums

Editing from PTE using a Mac

Mike Reed

Something weird is happening. Having recently updated Photoshop 2023 o 24.7.2  and also am using the PS Beta version I seem to have lost the ability to edit images direct from PTE and I cannot remember what needs to be turn on to achieve this.

With PTE AV Studio open, look to the menu bar and next to the Apple logo is "PTE AV Studio."

Click on this to get the drop-down menu and go to "Preferences."

System

> External Editors

> Set Graphical Editor

>Use the following program…

Click on the folder icon on the RHS and navigate to your Applications folder and select your NEW Photoshop app. Then OK it.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 14.47.08.jpg

However this is odd because when I do as you say and select photoshop it does not appear in the settings space and does therefore not work  

The choose graphics editor allows me to insert Photoshop 2023 but after I click ok the screen resets to the first one with no graphics editor  showing.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 11.50.21.png

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 11.50.41.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it's a bit late in the day for answering this question but, assuming you have set up your preferred software for editing Images, audio and video you can right click on any of these items and in the drop down menu you will see edit file. Selecting this will open your chosen file in your chosen software. One thing to be aware of is that you can only open audio files from the File List by right clicking and selecting edit.

Discovered some of this recently.

TC

2 hours ago, tc_leeds said:

I know it's a bit late in the day for answering this question but, assuming you have set up your preferred software for editing Images, audio and video you can right click on any of these items and in the drop down menu you will see edit file. Selecting this will open your chosen file in your chosen software. One thing to be aware of is that you can only open audio files from the File List by right clicking and selecting edit.

Discovered some of this recently.

TC

Hi Tc,

Is this just a Mac peculiarity? I can select either an MP3 or a JPEG in the File List and hit Ctrl+W and my file will be opened in Audacity or PS respectively.

DG

It could well have been an issue with the Mac OS Sonoma but not certain. Since the latest update of Sonoma 14.3.1 I can now open video, audio and images in the file list with CMD + W. There have been issues with Audacity as well that have now been resolved.

TC