WnSoft Forums

No Sound in Preview

4153sh

I have been using PictureToExe for about a year now, but only 3 times, with not much problems.

Today I am trying to make a slide show and having problem getting sound when I preview the project after adding the sound files, in wma. I discovered the sound duration is 00.00 when I click the "show music duration." Is that the reason I don't get sound? If so how do I correct it.

Or is there other things I did or I didn't do to cause this problem?

Any help is much appreciated by this beginner. Thanks.

Shik Lee,

First check this:- Double Click the 'Loudspeaker Icon' down to the lower RH.side of your Screen. Check that the 'Output' and 'Wave' Sliders are not muted, and they should be at least ½ way level ~ its likely to be as simple as that !

Brian.Conflow.

Shik Lee,

First check this:- Double Click the 'Loudspeaker Icon' down to the lower RH.side of your Screen. Check that the 'Output' and 'Wave' Sliders are not muted, and they should be at least ½ way level ~ its likely to be as simple as that !

Brian.Conflow.

Have just checked the Play Control. The Output is not muted. Also tried adjusting the slider from 1/2 way up to the top, but still getting no sound. Thanks.

Shik Lee

Shik Lee,

Thats a very unusual fault as you appear to have done everything that Ken suggested ~ may I ask, does your PC play an ordinary CD-Music Disc ? ~ or is it likely that your 'Sound Output Plug' has become disconnected ? ~ if you are having problems here, simply plug a pair of Headphones into the 'Sound Socket' on the front of the CD-Drive Unit and see if you can get sound there? ~ if you do it means there is sound on the CD then the 'fault' is most likely due to a set-up problem (missing driver) or your Sound Card may have gone dud, or indeed the Pte program may have been corrupted.

The reason I make these simple suggestions is because we all take 'things for granted' ~ and because 'No Sound Problems' are usually associated with simple things which are often overlooked, so before you start doing something drastic make sure you haven't overlooked something.

Brian.Conflow.

Shik Lee,

Thats a very unusual fault as you appear to have done everything that Ken suggested ~ may I ask, does your PC play an ordinary CD-Music Disc ? ~ or is it likely that your 'Sound Output Plug' has become disconnected ? ~ if you are having problems here, simply plug a pair of Headphones into the 'Sound Socket' on the front of the CD-Drive Unit and see if you can get sound there? ~ if you do it means there is sound on the CD then the 'fault' is most likely due to a set-up problem (missing driver) or your Sound Card may have gone dud, or indeed the Pte program may have been corrupted.

The reason I make these simple suggestions is because we all take 'things for granted' ~ and because 'No Sound Problems' are usually associated with simple things which are often overlooked, so before you start doing something drastic make sure you haven't overlooked something.

Brian.Conflow.

I agree its very unusual.

Although I prefer using PictureTo Exe, for this project which I need for tomorrow I have it done using another software. The sound turn out ok with exactly the same number of slides and music, but I will use it only as my Plan B. It shows that the fault is not my computer. It is possible that the Pte may have been corrupted. Between now and tomorrow I continue to work on the same project using Pte and would like to tell you and Ken what I have done this morning.

As I indicated in my original post, I found out that the music duration is 00.00. I clicked the Timeline tab to open the "Customize Synchronization" window which indicates 'Please go to the Music tab in the Project Options and add sound file(s). At the bottom of the same window, it shows the number of slides of 113; transitions, 113, music duration,00.00; and position, 00.00.00. Having checked to confirm that the sound files have been added, my guess is that the Music duration of 00.00 is probably the problem.

Within the Customize Synchronization window, I clicked "Timed Points" which shows 8 options to add and arrange time points and set time of points. When I clicked any one of them, nothing happened. I also tried the 'Import points from another Project' option....the end result: a window showing "no transitions in this project." The project I tried to import from is a succesful project.

From what I have done so far, I suspect that the program may have been corrupted. If so, how do I reinstall the software? I purchased it online with no disc.

Thank you and Ken for the help so far. Any more help can be offered is much appreciated.

Shik Lee

Shik

the registation key is buried in your registry and will stay

so just reinstall your program

but you should save your communication to register and your reg key to floppy or cd

also

try the show un synchronized

am not up to custom sync so can not help you there

but try unsync before you reinstall

ken

I had this very same problem just recently!

Even though your preview button does not produce any sound - what happens if you continue to create the slideshow (.exe) file, does the music play then? If so, uninstall the PTE program and download the latest version and install that. I did that and my sound worked OK.

I too have had this same problem on my new laptop. When I transfer the pte file over to my desktop, then the sound is fine during the preview. If I "create" the show, then the sound is also fine. I have Win XP running on both laptop and desktop (but the Win Media version of XP on the laptop). Very strange, as this anomaly has never shown up before on either my old laptop or my desktop pc. I'm using pte version 4.45.

I too have had this same problem on my new laptop. When I transfer the pte file over to my desktop, then the sound is fine during the preview. If I "create" the show, then the sound is also fine. I have Win XP running on both laptop and desktop (but the Win Media version of XP on the laptop). Very strange, as this anomaly has never shown up before on either my old laptop or my desktop pc. I'm using pte version 4.45.

Just want to thank everyone for the help received. I think I have sufficient info to solve my problem.

I will be busy for the next two days and will not be working on this project. When I eventually have the program running the way it should, I will keep you updated.

Shik Lee

I have been using PictureToExe for about a year now, but only 3 times, with not much problems.

Today I am trying to make a slide show and having problem getting sound when I preview the project after adding the sound files, in wma. I discovered the sound duration is 00.00 when I click the "show music duration." Is that the reason I don't get sound? If so how do I correct it.

Or is there other things I did or I didn't do to cause this problem?

Any help is much appreciated by this beginner. Thanks.

[/quote

I have just encountered the same problem I have three sequences which are working ok I have just created a new one and added sound and nothing happens. I have tried all the suggestions here and nothing works. I have yet to download another copy and try that. Be interested to know if you have solved the problem. Gilbert

Gilbert

Try an MP3 file. If my memory serves me correctly .wma is not a valid file type for PTE (and some other softwares as it is a windows proprietry file).

But I have been wrong before...

Gilbert

Try an MP3 file. If my memory serves me correctly .wma is not a valid file type for PTE (and some other softwares as it is a windows proprietry file).

But I have been wrong before...

I am using mP5 files created by Windows Media Player which have worked for my other shows. Have since completley removed the programme and re loaded it but the results are exactly the same. I forgot to mention that when I press the preview button I get a message telling me that the programme canot find the music file I have loaded. I have checked the validity of the music files and they all run ok. Help Gilbert

Gilbert:

If you say you have been successful with mp5's before OK

Did you look at Ronniebootwest's and Alrobin's postings of Jan 23 @3:28 and 5:11est several postings above yours ?

Gilbert,

It sounds like your music files are not compatible with PTE. Try converting them to mp3 files using Audacity or a similar editor and see if that helps. Or, get hold of some other mp3 files and install them temporarily as your music files to see if they are accepted by the program.

Please read my topic with questions here

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4042

I am happy to let everyone, who have been providing helpful suggestions, know that I have successfully created a MPG file with your help.

As suggested, I removed the pte software and reintalled the Version 4.45. I then converted all wma files to mp3 before adding to the project. Although there was still no sound during preview, I went ahead to creat the slide show file (MPG) with Ulead VideoStudio. With the MPG file I was able to burn a DVD disc of the show.

For now I am satisfied that I have succeeded in creating the slide show dvd disc, I have two questions:

1). Why no sound during Preview?

2). With Ulead VideoStudio, I could only produce a MPG file. The "avi" file produced by UleadVS has only sound but no video - that may be a problem with the Ulead software and nothing to do with PTE.

Thanks again to everyone.

Shik Lee

Please read my topic with questions here

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4042

Igor

Bach.mp3 - music ok

m27...jpg - ok

m42...jpg - ok

pte-prev-synced.exe - cannpt open file

ptemusic.pte - error message, picture not found

ptemusic1.exe - video, no sound

ptemusic-synced.exe - computer freezed up

Also, I used your mp3 file for a test show, and got the same results as described in my other post, #20 - no sound during preview but a mpg file was successfully created.

My computer:

PC, Pentium 4, Windows XP Home, SP2, Sound card Realtek AC97

Using version 4.45 now. Had more problems with 4.4 as described in my original post.

Thanks

Shik Lee

Shik,

Please download this utility I've prepared:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/ShowLength.exe

1) Press "Open file and play" button. After it show duration of MP3 file, it should start playback.

Close this utility.

2) Start again this utility. Press "Play" button. Music should plays.

Please let me know about two results.

3) If you see "Lendth: 0 ms." message and music doesn't play, please try with my MP3 file. Download it here: http://www.wnsoft.com/test/1.mp3 (1.6 MB)

(Right mouse click on the URL and choose "Save target as")

Shik,

Please download this utility I've prepared:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/ShowLength.exe

1) Press "Open file and play" button. After it show duration of MP3 file, it should start playback.

Close this utility.

2) Start again this utility. Press "Play" button. Music should plays.

Please let me know about two results.

3) If you see "Lendth: 0 ms." message and music doesn't play, please try with my MP3 file. Download it here: http://www.wnsoft.com/test/1.mp3 (1.6 MB)

(Right mouse click on the URL and choose "Save target as")

Downloaded "showlength.exe." It didn't play, and got a window showing get length and a play button. Pressed "Play" button, a window opened showing Drive C - looking for a mp3 file. Didn't see any "Length:0 ms" message.

Downloaded "1.mp3." Music played.