WnSoft Forums

Publishing problem due to limited RAM on MacBook Pro

MichaelV

I have a MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM that can't be expanded. I tried to publish my first slide show as HD/4K, high quality, and 60 fps, but was unable to due to the fact my computer ran out of memory at about the 3% complete point.  I tried again with low quality and 50 fps, but had the same problem at about the 9% complete.  Next I tried AVI format and although it published and plays fine on my computer, none of my TV's are compatible with the AVI format.  Any suggestions?  I would be happy with publishing an MOV or MP4 file, that is not necessarily HD or 4K, but don't see how to do this. Is another option to split up my slide show, publish several smaller slide shows (less memory intensive) and then combine them into a single larger slideshow?  Thank you, Mike

Hi Michael,

Write more details:

1. Exact version of PTE AV Studio. 10.5.x or 11.0.x?
If it's V11, make sure that you use the latest update 11.0.11 downloaded from WnSoft website.

2. Version of macOS.

3. Apple Silicon (M1/M2) or Intel CPU?

I recommend to restart macOS (reboot the Macbook) if you haven't done so recently.

Try to create a video for the Sample Project. Check the main menu > Help > Open Sample Project.
Choose "HD or 4K video" publish option with default settings:
1920 x 1080, High Quality, 60p. Motion Blur is DISABLED. Hardware acceleration option is unticked.

Hi Igor, Thank you for your response.  I am using PTE AV Studio 11.0.11 (intel) Build One. My macOS is Ventura 13.2.1 and I have an Intel CPU.  I reboot my MacBook on a regular basis, but will do that again.

I will try publishing a copy of the Sample Project as you suggest. The only difference I see in the settings you recommend is that I have Motion Blur set at Normal, which I believe might be the default since I don't remember changing it.  I will disable it for this test.  I don't see Hardware Acceleration as an option, possibly because I am using an intel CPU.

Michael,

Thanks for these details.

Try to disable Motion Blur option in your video output settings. This is a default option (Motion Blur Disabled). I think this should help.

Motion Blur requires more memory and is 5-10 times slower. Tomorrow we'll check memory usage using this option.

Hello Igor,

I disabled Motion Blur as you suggested and was able to publish the video in about 38 minutes! The Activity Monitor showed a maximum of 31.79 GB for PTE-AV Studio. The Memory Pressure Monitor remained green throughout with Physical Memory (16.00 GB), Memory Used (13.16 GB max), Cached Files (2.84 GB max) and Swap Used (1.04 GB max). As a comparison, with Motion Blur enabled, The PTE app was showing 133 GB at one point and the Memory Pressure Monitor turned red after about 8 minutes with only 8% complete before my computer shut down.  Definitely a significant difference - thank you for your help with this.

One other observation - The MP4 video works fine on my Sony and Roku TV's, but not on either of my Samsung TV's. On the Samsungs I get an error saying "Frame rate 59 is not supported". Both of these are older Smart TV's that I'm positive are not 4K. Although not necessary, I'm curious if publishing at a lower frame rate would produce a video compatible with Samsung.

Thanks,

Mike