WnSoft Forums

How do I prevent subsequent animation...

Hi all,

I like this program because I've done pretty cool stuff with multiple images on a same slide, a long time ago.

This time, I've a gif background with four images. I've made all four scale from small to large.

It's just a test, to see how the keyframes work.

I duplicated a keyframe (for just one of the images), moved it up a second or so and then added a third keyframe, to which I expected a rotation of the image (about 90deg) to begin. The fourth keyframe is where I rotated the image.

The problem is, it starts rotating at the beginning of the first keyframe (at 0 seconds) instead of at the beginning of the third.

Is there any way to make movement only happen within keyframes?

It's like all the movements would be blurred together instead of defined within keyframes.

Where, or is there, setting for this?

Thanks!

If I understand what you are asking correctly, it sounds like you should look at each of the keyframes before you want any rotation and make sure that each of them is explicitly set to 0 rotation.  I assume each of keyframes 1,  2  and 3 are for scaling only.  Then based on the rotation parameters in keyframe 4, your image will indeed start to scale just after keyframe 3. Sorry if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

• Like 1

Perhaps it is this.

When you ADD a Key Frame all of the tick boxes for the various animations are UNTICKED.

If you CLONE a Key Frame then all boxes are TICKED and the they will duplicate the settings of the previous Key Frame. 

I suspect that you need to use CLONE for your purpose.

DG

• Like 1

Thanks, very much. All I had to do was tick the (scaling) box! Before, it "thinks" that the scaling should start at frame one, but by ticking the box (to enable it) it knows not to allow rotation, since no new numbers entered. I assume it'll be this way for the other parameters.

I did all four and they all worked. Ya, I got an ugly bunch of little pictures of text that's rotated like 90 degrees, with a moving (gif) background... But that's all I wanted for now. Now, I know I can do all kinds of stuff!