WnSoft Forums

New Audio Visual

stonemason

My latest Audio Visual The River is available for download at Beechbrook Cottage. Please feel free to heap praise, or derision on my efforts. Seriously I would appreciate feedback, positive or negative, as its the best way to learn.

Hope you enjoy it.

regards

Geoff

I enjoyed it too Geoff. I think you did especially well with your "special effects" of the lightning storm. Would you care to share your techniques of getting and presenting the storm? As a side note - When I first viewed the opening view of the river and storm, I was thinking the location could have been in Wyoming, USA! The rest of the show of course proved otherwise. Are all the photos of the same river?

A most enjoyable sequence. I thought the imagery was excellent throughout. I wondered if some slower fades could have been used in parts as the selection of music was beautifully tranquil. Also I think I would have omitted the last slide with a street light.

The scenery suggests either the Yorkshire or Derbyshire dales - the River Wharfe perhaps. Don't keep us in suspense Geoff.

Ron [uK]

Thanks for your kind comments. The AV tells the story of a typical river from raindrop to the sea. The river itself is made up from images of several UK rivers, one of which is the river wharfe in yorkshire. The thunderstorm sequence was created from one image, which had varying degrees of brightness applied depending on the strength of the lightning (Lightning was generated in photoshop), and each time saved to a new image.

Ron I did try slower fades, but felt that the sequence flowed better (sorry about the pun) with the fades as they are. In hindsight I tend to agree with you about the last slide, and if I revist the sequence may well change it.

Hope this answers most questions

Regards

Geoff

Hi LumenLux

Thanks again for your kind comments. If you would be interested I could send you the pictures which make up the storm sequence so you can have a better look at them.

Regards

Geoff