WnSoft Forums

making a programme list with a Mac

When compiling a show it seems the trend to have a programme list from which to run the show. I understand that all the items have to be exe files to make this work. I run on a Mac which of course does not allow exe files. Is there a 'how to' that resolves this problem

Mike, a Menu can run any file type, at least on Windows. With Mac's I believe you can't open another Program from within a running one.

You can make a ptavshow instead of an exe. If you have Mp4s then you need to embed that within a ptavshow file.

Jill

I am not sure what you mean by a program list.

I have a menu from which to run PTE shows one of them is an mp4 file as a video-wrap inside a pte sequence.

iMac 27"

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 12.09.42.jpg

Hi Macian

Yes I meant to say a menu. Do you have the time to take me through the process. Not sure I understand the wrap  requirement.

Thanks to everybody else who responded.

49 minutes ago, Mike Reed said:

Not sure I understand the wrap  requirement

Mike, Open PTE & add the MP4 to a new Project.

Publish as a pteavshow

It will then run from your Menu.

Let me know if you need any more help & can always go through it after a WAVG meeting.

Jill

1 hour ago, macian said:

I added blanks slide of short duration before and after the video.

If the video has been produced as an AV then it will most likely have a black at start & end anyway, so no need to add extra.

Most AV's (for competitions & shows) are now published as MP4's rather than exe.
No problem at all for Windows, but with Mac you need to convert them to run from a Menu.

Jill