WnSoft Forums

"Sound track not supported" message

I have a 1000+ image show (mp4) that has each image on screen for a couple of seconds before they fade into the next one which works well.  There is no sound / music included as it is designed to play silently as background at a music gig.

Last time I played it on a Samsung TV, when the show opened, there was a message displayed by the TV that "the sound track was not supported" or similar wording.  What do I need to do to avoid this message?

Thanks for any help.

Update insofar as I have added an .m4a file linked to the first slide and set the volume to one.  So technically there is an audio file in the show even if it only lasts for 4 minutes and the show runs for 66 minutes......

Published show as mp4 file and played on a LG TV set and got a similar message that "this video does not contain audio".

What am I doing wrong? I am assuming that as there is an audio track shown under project options and it is linked to the first slide this is all I need to do to get the audio incorporated?

The first two slides are in a fixed order but the remaining 1000 images are "randomised" via Alt-R if that makes any difference.

Try unticking 'Synchronise Sound Track & Slides' in Project Options Advanced Tab.

If your Slides are randomised the sound file may be stopping.

Also in Audio Tab you could try ticking 'Loop The Soundtrack'  This will ensure it will play all the way through.

Jill

Thanks Jill,

Synchronise was not ticked.  I always add the music track when I have randomised all the images and attach the audio file to the first image.  I have just set "loop the audio" and will see how that works.

Thanks again for comments.

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent some more time on this issue and can advise that I cannot get the video file to play without a warning no matter what combination of project audio and publish options I use.

However, I can get the mp4 file to play without any warnings of "audio not supported" when I make an mp4 that has 20 images in the show.  Based on this it would appear that my project audio options and publish options are working correctly.  I have not tried increasing the number of images to find what the "limit" is.

Once I exceed the image "limit", the "unsupported audio" warnings appear on TV playback - have now tried both Samsung and LG TVs.

Is there anyway to overcome this "limit"?

This show is a compilation of images taken over a period of 14 years that is designed to play (with the images randomised) in the background (without sound) of a local music gig.  While the warning message that appears does not stop the show playing, it is an unwelcome distraction.

Any help would be appreciated.

How big is the file?
Maybe it is just too large for the TV - no idea if there is a limit as I don't have a TV.

Also you do realise that once an MP4 has been made the images are in that order & will be the same order every time it is played.
It is only an exe that can randomise the images each time it is played.

Jill

Hi Jill,

Once again thanks for commenting.  I can advise that the current file size is just over 5.2Gb - quite hefty but fits on an exFAT formatted USB stick.  All TVs that I have tried (including an 8 year old one) have no trouble playing the images but all give the warning message re the audio.   I have only added an audio track, linked to slide one and set at volume of 1, to try and avoid message that "audio not supported"!

Thanks for information re the exe files being able to randomise "on the fly" - I was unaware of this.  I am aware that the mp4 file, once published, will not change.  As new images are added to the show each month, all bar the first two images are then randomised (Alt-R) before saving and publishing.  This avoids images appearing in the sequence they the photographs were  taken.  People seem to appreciate the randomness this creates when viewing the show.

The show lasts for about an hour before replaying until the end of the evening.  The repeat is unattended as access to the TV being used during the event would not be possible.  Is there an option to sequentially play a series of smaller shows without access to any control of the TV?  I do not seem to be able to see one but that was with a "man" search!

As i have said, the warning message which appears when the show starts each time, is an irritant, but does not stop the show repeating.

Thanks again.

5.2GB seems quite large, even for a 1 hour show

I have no idea if you can strings shows together on a TV, as I said I don't have one.
It is very easy to create a Playlist with VLC Player, I would have thought there would be something similar on a TV?

If you can repeat play it, I would have thought there was a way to create a playlist of several shorter shows.

Jill

Hi Jill,

Yes, VLC playlist is good and at least one of the TV sets will auto play all mp4s on the USB. While doing it this way is an option, I do lose the ability to randomise all the years together.

Thanks again.

Mr Google states when asked about the error message:

This means that codecs used by the video file for compression are not supported in the video player used by your device. In this case, you need to use a codec that can be played by your media player or device.

How do I fix audio format not supported on my TV?

Adjust the audio format on your TV

To resolve this issue, you'll need to adjust the audio format within the TV's Sound or Audio menu. Typically, these settings are located under Digital Audio Format or Audio Output. The format or output must be set to one of our supported home theater audio formats.

Maybe this helps?

Mark

Mark,

Many thanks for information - I will check out how the TVs are set up.

One query I have is why do I not get the "error" message when I make a video with 20 or so images and using the same audio track, style etc., yet I do when the image count is over 1000?  If the TV codec / format was incorrect, would it not be incorrect in both these cases?

Thanks again.